DennisLinkletter

New handle and latch...

Cool!

That is pretty cool Dennis! How did you know I wanted a teak handle to go with my teak side tables - hehehe? You mention new latch; are you referring to the Komodo and Kamado lettering on each side only, or has the SS mechanism itself changed any? I really like it, but is the wood portion of the handle too thin (was worried about it breaking) or is is supported with SS through it's center? Maybe a rounded handle would tweak me more. I broke out my awsome drawing skills again and drew up a couple ideas. One is two piece wood, the other is two piece SS bracket. Not exact - hehe - but it represents if you overlook the obvious crappy drawing abilities. No making fun of this one Curly!!! :roll:

-=Jasen=-

Handle_2_.jpg

Did not really show up too well, but the two piece SS handle would meet in the center of the teak handle.

I agree with J

I like the idea of the teak accent...but it would give me something else to obsess over - trying to keep its golden color, instead of turning gray out in the elements. That point aside, my initial reaction was like Jasen's, in that it would need more heft. But after giving it some more thought, it would probably be fine.

We are used to hoisting up behemoth lids via the handles...somethign the spring handles for us on a KK. So we dont need quite as much load bearing ability, especially since gravity is our friend when we close the lid. My only concern with the smaller wooden handle would be with people trying to roll the beast around by the handle. That may be an argument to go larger.

You know what woudl look really cool...some laser engraved accents on the teak part of the handle. Dont ask exactly what I would put on there...a log maybe? Since i used to have a laser engraver in my garage, I couldnt resist the thought.

Hmm!

Well, I guess I did not really process the dimensions the first time I looked at it. But it is almost 1" square (assuming that is mm) which should be more than strong enough. I still cannot decided if round might be a bit more aesthetic to the eye since the grill is very curving. Though there are plenty of square objects on it too; after all it is made up of lots of little square tiles. Maybe Dennis will make up a couple of different types and post pics for a vote? - hehe Just a thought anyway.

-=Jasen=-