Porkchop

surfin the KK main page...

am i the only one who spends time drooling over the pics in the "inventory" section? these were new to me, so thot i'l post 'em here...

Tex-ture.jpg

check out the upper draft there. what's the diameter on that draft opening? check out the gasket!!! cool! that's one of the most common-sense upgrades! i've always been annoyed (if just slightly) at how the upper draft on my k doesn't completely seal...

Textured2.jpg

i hadn't realized from previous frontal pics that the handle on the OTB has this "recessed" look! i love it!

being a "spartan" sort, i really like the clean lines, and the simple but elegant look of the volcanic OTB. i can't wait to get mine and see all the things that just don't translate into the photos...

anyway, GERARD, be gentle... i haven't posted in awhile... :D

I didn't even know there was a second page in the inventory photos until you posted these and I went off hunting for them.

Gotta admit, that charcoal gray textured with the SS is very artsy. Wouldn't have thought it would look so good. I guess it's the small bright spots of SS that really set it off... sort of an industrial minimalist look.

Also found these photos over there:

http://homepage.mac.com/komodokamado/.P ... 202/K-.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/komodokamado/.P ... 02/L98.jpg

Since that page is labeled "forum photos," what post(s) discussed these?

TIA

Those pics were from ebay

Apparently, a surplus company was selling a severely broken down k, with brown "custom" tile a month or 2 back. It looked like it fell of a truck or something. Someone was posting to the forums asking for advice about bidding on it. I think it ended at about $190.