cruzmisl

I just bought 80lbs of lump for $24!!

Hi,

I was at Costco today and saw two 10lb bags of lump for $6. I picked up 4 bags (8 total) and brought it home. I figured how bad can it be for the price. I put some in my modo and holy shiznit, this is nice stuff. Nice big hunks. I'm lighting it now and will let you know how it cooks.

Joe

Any idea of the brand on it??

Royal Oak is $5.24 per 10# bag here in FL.

That's still 2x what he paid at Costco (20 lbs for $6). But not a bad price. :)

Our local ACE Hardware now charges $11.99 for 20 lbs.

Never claimed I could read :oops:

I am claiming temporary incompetence due to all the smells wafting out of my KK today :wink:

That is quite a bargain!

It only pops until its up to temp.......

{edit}I did another high heat cook tonight, chili lime shrimp (damn those were good). Anyway, I found that this lump burns hot as hell but also the popping continued even though most of the coals were lit. I had to be careful with the air supply. If I tried to go to hot too soon it would pop and drop ash on my shrimp is not tasty.

Other than the popping it has great flavor and nice size chunks. Maybe it won't pop on low and slows....

Is there a way to stop the popping or is it just me??

I did a low and slow yesterday and the lump performed flawlessly. Great flavor too but it's not good for high heat' date=' too much popping. I'll buy it again for the low temp stuff though.[/quote']

You have 80 lbs of it. Bet it's gonna be a while before you need to buy more, don't you think? :happy8: