maherussell

My Cover

Geez' date=' talking about putting Habanero sauce on the wound! Have pity on one who can only look at pictures and taste air food.[/quote']

Well, why not sit back and enjoy the weight you're not gaining? Might as well get on line and order the next size belt and pants. Or just get elastic waist ones.

lol :happy8:

Or get in the habit of ordering a new grill frequently...I just had the pleasure of taking delivery of one and hauling it around the house to the back patio.

Since I dont have the usual implements (fork-lifts, back hoe, etc) I took the crate apart and used the corner posts through the ropes. I recruited a helper, but if you do that often enough it should counter the additional calories!

It would be much more economical to just pick up the one you have and move it around, though :wink:

Or get in the habit of ordering a new grill frequently...I just had the pleasure of taking delivery of one and hauling it around the house to the back patio.

Since I dont have the usual implements (fork-lifts, back hoe, etc) I took the crate apart and used the corner posts through the ropes. I recruited a helper, but if you do that often enough it should counter the additional calories!

So how many people do you think I need to move this beast up four steps to my deck? With a shoulder dolly can it be done with 2?

I have seen some rather heavy items moved with shoulder dollies. Most of the items are square in nature and bottom heavy. Neither is the case with the KK. There is little doubt in my mind that it CAN be done, the question is should it be done? You will no doubt remove every item out of the KK before moving, that is a given. I think the stairs will probably require at least three people safely. This is a heavy, odd shaped cooker. It rolls terrific! Lifting is another animal. You spent a fair amount on this beast; IMHO, I would have at least three people to navigate stairs. I can tell you from experience that four people makes it even easier and no risk of banged fingers or toes!

Just remember to empty it out and take off the lid for all you boys whose equipment isn't big enough to handle a KK :D Removing the top not only lightens the load but also lowers the center of gravity to make it more stable. It comes with ropes around the feet so you can slip in some 2x4's to lift it as well.

Well, there are posts around here somewhere that list the weights of each half. I think the dome was like 100# and the base probably around 300#. Two of us carried it about 200 feet, but neither of us are small in stature ;) Two solid guys can certainly carry it up 4 steps, especially with it empty and the dome off if needed. One guy on each end of each board would be very easy, but just make sure you have room to fit both people up the stairs at once.

I wasnt prepared to move it (spoiled by the last driver who rolled it around the house on a dolly for me) and didnt have any 2x4s so I just disassembled the crate and used the corner posts, which worked fine.

I am sure I will have to have a truck with a crane to get the KK off. Since the back of the trucks are so high and there is only (get this) one truck with a tail lift here out of hundreds and he will charge way too much because of his unique position. There are no forklifts even remotely close. I guess the biggest thing I dread is the sales tax and other dings I am going to have to pay. They have a fine tuned system of raking everyone over the coals here. I have already estimated an equivalent of $800+. Sometimes what may seem to be paradise has little hidden hell bots waiting to get ya.

Not that this will help you in your quest, I've used an engine hoist from a friend's auto repair garage,worked like a charm. If you can even find one in your area. Or take it out of the crate on the truck and construct a ramp system and SLOWLY wheel it down. Either one very long one or a series of ramp to platform structures. Good luck dude!

I am sure I will have to have a truck with a crane to get the KK off. Since the back of the trucks are so high and there is only (get this) one truck with a tail lift here out of hundreds and he will charge way too much because of his unique position. There are no forklifts even remotely close. I guess the biggest thing I dread is the sales tax and other dings I am going to have to pay. They have a fine tuned system of raking everyone over the coals here. I have already estimated an equivalent of $800+. Sometimes what may seem to be paradise has little hidden hell bots waiting to get ya.

When you receive a package isn't it their responsibility to unload the merchandise, while maintaining it's integrity? I think it falls under liability; would be suprised if customers are even allowed in the truck.