Firemonkey

Surf and Turf

For my valentine's day feast, I went with a traditional surf and turf. It had been so long since I grilled some lobster, that I forgot how good it is!

Here is the surf portion sitting under a coating of melted butter, which has a little bit of minced garlic, old bay and lemon juice mixed in. Not pictured was a dusting of Old Bay and paprika that they got before they hit the grill:

img0329rg9.jpg

Their turf counterparts had already been coming up to room temperature after being seasoned with ground pepper and sea salt.

img0330qh3.jpg

The steaks hitting the grill:

img0333dj1.jpg

After the flip:

img0334uu7.jpg

The tails went on the grill meat side down after I rotated the steaks on the second side. They cooked meat side down for a minute or two, then I flipped them over, and kept them on the perimeter of the fire (like medium heat, while the steaks were over the hot portion of the fire.

img0335fn1.jpg

The butter coating kept them from getting any kind of dark grill marks, and after flipping them onto the shell side, I brushed them with the remaining butter. I closed the grill down and let everything roast for about 3-4 minutes, before the feast was to commence:

img0336tc6.jpg

Lets Eat!

img0339nz8.jpg

It was so good I had to take a picture of it before it was all gone :wink:

img0341be4.jpg

I see a lone piece of steak by itself in the pic "After the flip" - Do I detect a chef's taste? :D

Great looking cook FM! The wife and I did just lobster for Valentine's Day but being from the Northeast, our tails went into the pot for a good steamin'! I haven't had grilled lobster since I was in the Indian Ocean territory about, well, many years ago. You've got me motivated to try it on the KK! Thanks for the pics!

yeah, that piece just kind of fell off when I flipped them :? I figured it was just destiny rewarding me with a nice sample.

But you will notice its on the tray when I brought everything in. Oh, I tried it alright, I picked it up and bit it in half; it was till sizzling as I chewed it :shock: I decided the other half would be better if i let it rest a minute or two :lol: