mguerra

Off the Fence!

After almost a year of hemming and hawing( what the hell is hawing?) I decided to buy a KK. Hopefully I can stealthily place it on the back deck one day when my wife isn't home, and maybe have a nice chicken or tenderloin ready when she walks in the door! No way I can uncrate it, install it, and finish a low and slow one afternoon while she's at work. I did put the pencil to the paper and figured we will recoup the purchase price in meals we don't eat out in less than a year. We eat out A LOT. Although I did not hear back from Dennis yet, I did indicate in an email to him that I want the Dark Metallic Bronze one. I might go under the deck and install an extra vertical load bearing element to support the weight. Once I know it is shipped, I'll order the EZ que rotisserie equipment and a Cyber Q. I'm super excited!

There is no greater feeling than waiting on a new toy - Especially when that toy is a KK!!

Congratulations on your decision - It will repay you many times over!

Now the hard part... the waaaaiiiitttttiiiiinnnngggg.... I have one suggestion that does help to pass the time, start buying your toys, accessories, cover, etc. while you wait. You'll want them all the day your new KK arrives anyway!

Good for you! I'm sure you'll be happy with your new toy. Another great way to pass the time is to research your wife's plants to see which ones can be used as smoke wood. :)

Unless, of course, she has a dining room set of some fragrant hardwood... You think she'd miss one of the legs? Maybe take the bottom off each table and chair leg, so it still sits even and she won't notice.

Congratulations on your new purchase!!! You're gonna love it!!! Of course we want to see pictures when it arrives.

And, let me know if you're interested in a cover.

If anyone is interested in Forest Green Sunbrella cover for a KK OTB without side tables; I have one built that I made the wrong size. I'll give a real nice discount to anyone interested.

Congratulations, I had been eying that Bronze Beauty everyday for awhile now. Was getting closer to having the funds to make the plunge myself. So I know how you feel finally having it on the way. Sorry to hear it didn't show on time. If it accidentally shows up here in KY I will be sure to let you know :roll: . Will be waiting to see some pics of it out in the wild.

Roy

Re: Dang

Projected delivery date' date=' 3-20, came and went with no KK. I was going to cook my ... off all weekend!!! Shucks.[/quote']

Mike, it's called "what goes around comes around!! :scratch: Like all those times we arrive for a 1:00 appointment and sit in the waiting room until 3:00!! :lol::lmao::lol:

On the positive side, your cover and KK will now arrive close together!! :D

Now you've done it!

If the patients wouldn't run their mouth, telling me all about their grandson's graduation, and their husband's stroke, and their last fishing trip, and blah, blah, blah.... I could actually run on time!!!!! It's really hard to politely tell a patient to shut the hell up. However, I do have my tricks to try to control and direct the conversation.

Seriously, it is difficult to try to balance an appoinment schedule. I HATE to make patients wait. I don't want them to wait in the reception room, (RECEPTION room, not waiting, see how we spin that), and I don't want them to wait days or weeks for an appointment. We see patients on the day they request, period. Plus, any emergency patient gets seen right away, you will appreciate that the next time YOU are the emergency with the cactus thorn stuck in your eye. So sit down, shut up, and read a magazine, ours are all current, this months edition, by the way. When Granny in front of you finishes her story about last weeks gall bladder attack, and I actually get to do her eye exam, I'll see you.

Monday is my surgical day, I finished surgery just about the time the driver called, nobody's waiting. Everyone had perfect results, blindness stamped out...and so on.

So the Bronze Behemoth is sitting in the driveway all uncrated and I've got no way to move it back to the deck. I think I'll run down to the market, grab a brisket, and get after it in the driveway. Somebody can help me move it later!