DennisLinkletter

Chris Lilly on the Today Show July 30th

Man' date=' they cut Chris off just as he was praising the ceramic cooker. That sauce looked mighty fine![/quote']

oooh... those berries looked great! I thought his sauce was way more creative than the other two. And they looked wonderful! The judges just liked the bigger beef ribs, and weren't focused on the sauce, I bet. There's nothing not to praise in a 7 hour ceramic cooked slab of ribs, sauced with red wine and berries!

Obviously, too sophisticated for them.

sorry, I don't know the names of the judges, but remember they did have a "split" decision. The judge on the left didn't vote for the beef ribs. She made the comment that the one's she liked were so moist. I'm assuming she was referring to Chris's ribs. I think the fix was in to pick the NYC chef. They didn't explain how two judges who voted for two different chefs arrived at a winner.

Next time, Chris needs to work the "C" word (ceramic) into his spiel in the middle. Like when he turned to place the ribs on the KK, he might have said, "And then we place them in this ceramic cooker which will keep the meat more moist than metal cookers..." or something like that. But having been interviewed on the radio once, I know how hard it is to keep your thoughts and words organized. I would have been babbling, lol!

I thought Chris did extremely well considering the time constraints.Seemed the hosts were really pressuring these guys to move fast. Remember the last guy kept trying to promote his meat source, and Matt kept cuttting him off. Producers usually try to avoid as much commmercialization as possible. And believe me when you are "in the moment", it's almost like your travelling down one route and know you should have taken that last exit ramp,but you have to keep going until you can get to the next one . There was a lot in information crammed into that segment, at least there were multiple views of the KK. Over all I would be pretty happpy with the show.

I will be slow cooking beef ribs Chris' way, of course, my 'Dragon's egg' is 1 1/2 yrs old and not used by Chris. Btw, how much is that blue one going to sell for? Probably not low enough make me give up mine or have a younger sibling on deck. It might be low enough or fine tuned enough for Sanny to give up her MexiK.

It might be low enough or fine tuned enough for Sanny to give up her MexiK.

Well, dunno... with all that Big Bob Gibson mojo on it, probably it would go for a premium! Alas, I just spent my "upgrade" funds (which I didn't actually have) on airline tickets to England for me and my mother, this September.

I guess it's another year with the other manufacturer's cooker. So far, it's doing ok, so I'm fortunate. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love one of the KKs!! But I can make do.

:happy8: