Hitman

Johnny Boy's KK cover

This is a great product, extremely well made, fits well but loose enough to get on & off easily. John also gave me an extra piece of cloth that I plan to have embroidered with Saphira's name. Also has a nice "handle" sewn onto the top, makes for easier removal. I just hang it from a hook on my side porch while I'm grilling.

Ts1bAijS.jpg

Ts1bAJLr.jpg

Ts1bBkaA.jpg

It would help if someone posted a link in this thread to details and ordering information. (I recall seeing an earlier thread that did, but it isn't coming up easily under search; this would save others time.)

Also, the material used is sufficient protection for winter or rainy season? It sounds like the material used in our "Sky Chair", which is the less waterproof of two choices.

I'm here!!!!

Thanks Dennis for posting the details.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments and continued support.

Sorry for not being real active posting lately. I've recently started a new job (my real job) that's taking lots of my time. When it's slow I can jump on the forum like now; but new job hasn't been slow. But I'm typically on email.

Sorry my webpage is minimal. I need to get off my butt and feed whiz more info. Having said that I'm very happy for the work whiz has done for me, as much as he has.

Check it out at www.coverworks.nakedwhiz.com

I thought about having Whiz add the information Dennis posted; but anymore my covers have expanded to more than just KK. Folks are requesting covers for other items on their patios (fountains, fire pits, love seats, grill/whiz tables, etc.).

I thought about asking Whiz to at least add the sunbrella website to view colors. But then that can be confusing because some covers I build using 46" wide fabric which has more colors available than the 60" wide fabric I need for KK grills. I'd hate to have someone fall in love with a 46" wide color for their KK then find out they can't have it. Can you see why I'm a little stuck?

Any ideas?

Cheers!!

John Earl

So is one of these covers ample protection for a Komodo out in the rain all winter? I note that the material breathes. I used to use a plastic tarp with the old cooker, but I'm guessing that this will actually be far better protection.

I'm old enough to remember tent camping under canvas. Breathes, waterproof, but the canvas leaked anywhere you pressed with your finger.

Far better protection Syzy!!!

I've had my personal cover in the harsh mid-west winters for nearly 5 years now. Rain, snow, freeze, shine. Still looks great.

Sunbrella doesn't claim their fabric to be 100% water tight. No breathing fabric is. However, I've used Sunbrella on boat covers many many times, if the cover isn't tented for water runoff it will create a pond!

It isn't uncommon in a rain storm for surface moisture to form under a cover; even vinyl allows moisture to form. Problem with vinyl is it won't breath to let surface moisture out when the sun shines/heats it back up; Sunbrella will.

I suggest visiting www.sunbrella.com for all the details. Lots of explainations/testimony why Sunbrella is the best outdoor fabric in the world.

Thanks for the post/photo Syzygies. My first spruce green. Looks great, I like it.

Wait until it rains Syzygies; watch the water literally run off like water runs off a ducks back. I think you'll be surprised.

Sorry, I won't put my name on a plastic non breathable cooker cover. I just won't do it. For many reasons.