slu

#627 Arrived

#627 was delivered January 13 to my California Central Coast location near Monterey, one week after placing the order. My enthusiasm at its arrival was only tempered by a bad case of flu! After waiting a couple of days, friends, one of whom is an owner of the "other" Kamado, and I uncrated the merchandise. We were all blown away by the quality of the unit. I can't recall a single purchase in the last 30 years in which there is such craftsmanship. It is incredibly engineered with an eye for detail. The artisans that built this in Indonesia must be very proud! I want to thank Dennis for his professionalism, probity, and responsiveness. I look forward to firing the unit soon, and I will let you know how it goes.

KK-GenII-627.jpg

Great looking unit. Like your choice of colors. And the EZ-Que??

I bought both the 6" and 8" EZ-Que. One directly from Viking and the other through a Viking dealer. According to the customer representative at Viking, the company has no plans to renew their contract with EZ-Que. I purchased one of two remaining 6" units. They referred me to the Viking distributor in the SF Bay area. I then had to have a local dealer order it , the 8", from the distributor.

Re: #627 Arrived

After waiting a couple of days' date=' friends, one of whom is an owner of the "other" Kamado, and I uncrated the merchandise. We were all blown away by the quality of the unit. I can't recall a single purchase in the last 30 years in which there is such craftsmanship. It is incredibly engineered with an eye for detail. The artisans that built this in Indonesia must be very proud! I want to thank Dennis for his professionalism, probity, and responsiveness. [/quote']

Thanks for the kudos.. I never tire of hearing them. My staff think I'm crazy but still humor me.. I'll pass along the complements.

;);)

Johnny Boy's KK cover

9417_172219424975_588449975_3737867_2361527_n.jpg

Welcome! As a recent KK owner ourselves, let me plug Johnny Boy's KK cover:

http://komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3290

You pick the color to go with your KK / yard. I want to grin every time I see our KK, but in California rainy season I grin instead every time I see the cover. Extraordinarily well designed and made, and essential protection. For example I have no trouble lighting charcoal that was left in the KK through a week of rain.

Re: Johnny Boy's KK cover

You pick the color to go with your KK / yard. I want to grin every time I see our KK, but in California rainy season I grin instead every time I see the cover. Extraordinarily well designed and made, and essential protection. For example I have no trouble lighting charcoal that was left in the KK through a week of rain.

I reviewed the material at Sunbrella, and just sent John an email to initiate the order. The worst problem we have here is the waist and reproductive material from the ubiquitous oak leaf moth.

The worst problem we have here is the waist and reproductive material from the ubiquitous oak leaf moth.

Maybe Laurie can remind me what our tree is called; I call it the "schmutz" tree.

Actually, that's harsh. It gives us wonderful shade. When I textured our old K7 with black mortar, it introduced a yellow threads effect that money couldn't buy.

Hey Linux - interesting avatar - did you lose any money in NEOM.OB like I did? ugh!!!!

No - at least not on that one...

This particular type of code is called a datamatrix code which is a 2D code that is popular because it can encode a lot of data in a small space, it is readable at low contrast, and it is free of patent/royalty encumbrance. If you keep your eyes peeled, you will see them all over the place including envelopes (e-stamps), the activation card for software, computer cards/components, etc.

BIG Thanks Syzygies!!! That's what I strive for, right there, the kudos, and to build the best cover available. Thanks again.