T Rex

KK #607 has been adopted

Hi Forum members, pleased to advise that KK #607 has found a great new home on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada! While the shipping process took a bit longer than expected (you have to appreciate how expectant parents are) all is well and Johnny is in the process of making "jammies" as we chat!

I haven't figured out the Avatar picture posting stuff yet but hope to soon. Dennis was great to deal with and extremely patient as well.....

T Rex

Hey T Rex!

If the KK has only one use on this planet, it's for pork butts! Just sent two over to a meeting tonight of the Financial Women of Texas. Tonight was my wife's turn to host. They went absolutely ape shit over the pulled pork. Got some more good tar up there in my top vent, too.

I don't exactly remember how to get your avatar attached , but one thing I do remember is you have to limit the pixel count. Anybody out there can tell T how to do it?

I don't exactly remember how to get your avatar attached , but one thing I do remember is you have to limit the pixel count. Anybody out there can tell T how to do it?

The avatar limitations are 128 pixels wide, and 128 pixels high. Uploaded avatars have a file size limit of 10 KB.

If you have your avater picture on another site, like photobucket or imageshack, it will automagically shrink it to fit the display.

If you are trying to post photos, you must first host them on a different server, then you can paste the URL (address) into your picture, using the buttons above the entry box to wrap the address up in tags. When you are done it will look something like this:

[img=http://your.picture.url]

Hey Primeats, Chicago, burrrrrrrrrrr. Vancouver Island is the retirement capital of Canada where you can ski, deep sea fish and golf all in one day..... We did get some snow this year, I believe it was in December and it was gone the next day.

I will check out the web site and get it right yet.

T Rex

Hi Loquitur, this is how I did it:

1. Locate a picture that you want to use and save it on your computer in

your pictures.

2. Open up a free account with Photobucket (this is who I used however

there are several others that are available as well)

3. Copy the picture from your computer to your Photobucket account.

4. Click on the Photobucket picture and click the IMG code.

5. Go back to the KK Profile site and go down to the bottom that deals

with Avatar and insert the IMG code in the centre space.

6. Hit Submit

A couple of notes, if the image you start with is too large it will not post or at least it wouldn't for me.

Hope this helps.................... If a retired "Brain Dead Banker" can do it after two glasses of Shiraz, so can you!

Good luck,

T Rex

Thanks for the instructions, T Rex. They were perfectly clear but I couldn't get the avatar uploaded from photo bucket for love or money. I kept getting an error message that the image had to be a jpeg or tif or other kind of file, which I thought it was already. But I was able to resize the image in photo bucket and download it to my computer and upload it from there. I really appreciate the help.

Susan