T Rex

EZ Que rotisserie

Thanks, Doc. I may wimp out and roast it in the KK in a pan if I don't get a practice shot with the rotisserie this week. I have visions of me not getting the forks on exactly right and the ham falling out of the basket without me knowing about it until its too late!!

Susan

Generic EZque..

Hmmmmmmm, I hadn't noticed the "generic" aspect of the add, just the heading.......... it's paid for so I guess I will have to sit and wait for it to arrive. I will advise as soon as it lands, keeping my fingers crossed.

T Rex

EZQue made them without the EZQue stamping for some of their customers. These are the generic ones.. I have been contacted by someone who will have a supply of both ongoing.

Re: Generic EZque..

Hmmmmmmm, I hadn't noticed the "generic" aspect of the add, just the heading.......... it's paid for so I guess I will have to sit and wait for it to arrive. I will advise as soon as it lands, keeping my fingers crossed.

T Rex

EZQue made them without the EZQue stamping for some of their customers. These are the generic ones.. I have been contacted by someone who will have a supply of both ongoing.

Turns out that the unit I received was an "authentic" E-Z Que unit and fits perfect........ Also found an 8" which should be here today..... :D

T Rex

Rotisserie Motor

While testing my E-Z Que with an empty basket, I noticed that after it went around 3/4 of the way, the motor would lug and bog down for the final 1/4 turn. On the next rotation, it did the same thing at the same place. Trying to figure out what was wrong, I thought maybe the shaft that goes from the motor into the KK wasn't exactly straight. So I pushed the motor up a little on the bracket and it seemed to work better. I loaded two chickens in, tightened it down with pliers (thank you Cook_Shack), and put it in. I came back a half hour later and it had stopped turning completely. I got it going again and could see that the that the motor (OneGrill battery/AC model) was moving around on the bracket. I tried to put a shim under the motor but I didn't have handy what I needed to do that effectively. I've never used a rotisserie before so I don't know what to expect. Any recommendations on how to keep it going?

I'm going to have to order a second set of inside the KK shafts from Dennis for my other basket. The square edged one is in really tight and I can't unscrew it.

Should I be taking the rotisserie motor off the bracket when I'm not using it? I hope not because I can't get the shaft that goes into the motor out from either the motor end or the KK end. My husband came to help me and asked me how I got it in. I had to tell him that I had no idea. I thought it didn't fit but I continued to play around with it and it just slipped in somehow. Any tricks for getting it out?

I had brined and air dried the chickens and did them direct at about 400 deg. I caught the problem just in time. They were delicious!!

Susan

I had my appliance guy look at the KK rotisserie set up today. He said the motor was turning in a direction which was unscrewing the shaft. Does that mean its turning in the wrong direction? I had a lot of trouble getting the basket out after I used it and think it was because the shaft was longer when I tried to take the basket out than when I put it in. Any thoughts?

Susan

Re: unscrew themselves?

I know that the basket's threads for the shafts are opposite standard so that they do now unscrew themselves.

Try telling someone that on the phone

;);)

Dennis - they do unscrew themselves? Or is that supposed to be they do not unscrew themselves?

Susan

Re: unscrew themselves?

I know that the basket's threads for the shafts are opposite standard so that they do now unscrew themselves.

Try telling someone that on the phone

;);)

Dennis - they do unscrew themselves? Or is that supposed to be they do not unscrew themselves?

Susan

No they are supposed to screw themselves!

Sorry I just had to write that...

Aah feel much better now..

;);)

They should not unscrew that's why the threads are reversed.. sounds like your motor is spinning the wrong direction..

I'd stop and try to figure this out in my head but it's 4:50 AM here and it hurts to think..

Good nite..

;);)

No they are supposed to screw themselves!

:sign5:

Here's some more posts about the same thing:

Ok so here's the thing. My rotisserie motor rotates in the wrong direction! The motor pin unscrews and the basket eventually falls out. Any way to reverse the polarity or otherwise reverse the direction of rotation??

Screw it in with a lot of torque and it will hold. You need to get it seated against the bottom of the socket so it puts lateral thrust on the threads.

Mike

Hmmmm..I thought the idea was that the direstion of rotation actually tended to tighten the assembly. Silly me. It would seem to make more sense that way. Anyone know how to reverse polarity on the motor?

.....Guess I'll just torque that baby down as suggested' date=' although I still maintain it would make more sense for the counter-clockwise rotation to naturally tighten the shaft instead of loosening it..I am just a gas passer, not an engineer but...[/quote']

So if you were buying a rotisserie motor, what would the question be to the seller as to what direction the motor rotates? If I stand in front of the KK and watch the basket rotate, it moves toward the rear of the KK.

Susan