T Rex

EZ Que rotisserie

Great Company

--and we lived happy ever after, YEA glad it all worked out for you. T Rex you are probably like me, I was not going to order a motor that had to be Aggie engeenired to half a-- work right. After all we wouldn't accept second best when buying our KK. And yes Onegrill is a stand up company just like Komado Kamado/Dennis Linkletter. Now Dennis put a bug in their ear to design the baskets we need if you are not already working on that. Bet it can be improved and at a better cost than the bankrupted EZ Que people's basket. Hint, hint--still need the 8" one.

Re: Great Company

--and we lived happy ever after' date=' YEA glad it all worked out for you. T Rex you are probably like me, I was not going to order a motor that had to be Aggie engineered to half a-- work right. After all we wouldn't accept second best when buying our KK. And yes Onegrill is a stand up company just like Komado Kamado/Dennis Linkletter. Now Dennis put a bug in their ear to design the baskets we need if you are not already working on that. Bet it can be improved and at a better cost than the bankrupted EZ Que people's basket. Hint, hint--still need the 8" one.[/quote']

Hey LPT, thanks. I must admit that I was not expecting the response that I got from Joe.... :):) It just goes to show that if you deal with quality, it will always shine through in the end...... :D:D What can I say, a very pleasant experience to date.... :D

T Rex

50 lb. motor arrived today! Thank you Joe

As an update, I received my replacement motor (from a 40 lb. to a 50 lb.) which turns the right way for the EZ Que, today. Joe at Onegrill was an absolute pleasure to deal with and I would recommend him to anyone thinking of getting a motor for their EZ Que basket.

Now, all I need is the kit that comes with the KK for my baskets. I purchased both the 6" and an 8" basket that came with the rods to fit a weber BBQ. Seeing as it was only the basket that I was interested in, I had no use for the rods that came with the EZ Ques'..... so I threw them away. Well, not quite..... what I did was throw out the set that Dennis sent me with the KK and kept one of the ones that I meant to throw out... :(:(

Still kicking myself but I don't like having junk that I have no use for accumulating on my work bench......

Now I am craving roti, go figure....

T Rex

EZ Que Basket for the 19.5" OTB

For those who own a 19.5" OTB, and would like to have an EZ Que cradle now. You can have the 23" inch version modified to fit.

At a local stainless steel fabricator, I had them cut out exactly 3 inches of material on each of the 8 rods in the basket and then weld the rods back together. I used the cylindrical rod on the left side provided by Dennis for fine tuning the final installation and fitting, by grinding the end a little bit ~0.25 in.

It works like a charm. This modification cost me slightly more than the original purchase price of the basket from EZ Que.

K6Thi.jpg

Dr2C9.jpg

Dr56i.jpg

Dr7Br.jpg

Dra5A.jpg

DqYCS.jpg

Re: STILL LOOKING

Calf rope' date=' time out, I give up!! Still can't find 8" basket. Be nice and tell me where one is hideing!![/quote']

Google part #: BQRB308t

The dealers won't ship out of a set area, (so they say). Get someone else to buy and ship to you, or convince the guy to ship.

The 6" is part #: BQRB306t

Calf rope' date=' time out, I give up!! Still can't find 8" basket. Be nice and tell me where one is hideing!![/quote']

This is a reply I received today:

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch? ... kefd41vk10

Thank you for your inquiry, Al.

U.M.R.P. pricing on all Viking product.

$ 149.00 + shipping.

Grants Appliances

Electronics & More

Adam Solarski

Director of Builder’s Div.

14700 La Grange Rd

Orland Park, IL, 60462

709-873-0100 Sat-Mon

815-922-3022 Home-Off

832-213-4910 fax

[email protected]

I'm pretty sure you can get one on Ebay from webercloseouts. It is listed as 22.5 Weber Kettle E-Z Que 8" Rotis Cradle. They are selling the basket and an insert for a Weber kettles but if you ask them just for the 17.5x8 basket, they will sell it to you. At least they did for me, at a very reasonable price.

Susan

I'm pretty sure you can get one on Ebay from webercloseouts. It is listed as 22.5 Weber Kettle E-Z Que 8" Rotis Cradle. They are selling the basket and an insert for a Weber kettles but if you ask them just for the 17.5x8 basket, they will sell it to you. At least they did for me, at a very reasonable price.

Susan

That is who I got both of mine from.... I think I paid $99 for the 6" and $119 for the 8".

T Rex

Hi - I ordered the one grill 50hz/ 220 v roto motor and it just arrived (so did my KK - I'm setting it up). Apperas I need a bracket (d'oh). I emailed onegrill but if anyone has an idea?

Nevermind i found it. Now Im looking for the roto connectors or whatevr for the basket

Three shafts in the box that was in the charcoal basket

;)

Found it! By the way the cooker is everything I could have wanted.

Not a single thing is off.

I have had it burning with lump at 225 easy peasy for the last 4 hours

I'm about to put on my first cooking try - racks of ribs. I have an 8 pound pork butt in the fridge covered in rub.

I am bringin 2 chickens for tomorrow's roto test

It's raining so i havent hooked up my stoker.

Pics to follow - it has jus started putting out smoke.