DennisLinkletter

Komodo Teak Side Cabinets

Here is a knock down teak side table.. Some details that I wanted were lost in translation but will be in the next versions..

KK-SideCabinet.jpg

KK-Cabinet2.jpg

KK-Cabinet3.jpg

This drawing below is for a larger version.. I was thinking to leave out the OTB shaped cut out and only have the OTB shaped overhang left and right to tie it to the KK design wise. It will have hooks on the side to hold the upper grill when not in use.. It can be stored in the cooker when your cooking is finished. This frees up the larger space on the left for a small trash can for charcoal.. What ya think?

KK-NewCab.jpg

That larger version would be TREMENDOUSLY handy! Will it be sturdy enough to be used as a sitting bench? I'm sure that people would fight over the honor of sitting on something that lux.

Mike

These smaller ones will be knockdown and therefore not as stout but the larger one will be shipped whole, completely mortise and tenon construction and be more than sturdy to sit on.

There is a teak colored Formica like laminate under the table top to keep the rain out.

ideas

My preference is to keep everything I'm not using out of sight. As such I would make places for the grills, heat deflector, pizza stone, rib racks and so on surfaced with stainless for easy clean up. Either shelving to store them horizontally, or vertical slots, or both; with doors for concealment. Retaining the external teak structure for beauty and warmth, except the top work surfaces stainless or granite. I think your KK shaped cut-out is perfect, don't lose that. I had such a cabinet designed by a custom stainless cabinet shop, it was $3K and change. I'm still mulling over that purchase. The stainless is perfect for easy clean up and heat resistance, but your teak is more beautiful. My teak tables are filthy from grease and oils, and charcoal spark burns, so I would like to have working surfaces from stainless. Just some ideas.

I love how things are coming along. In the drawing, I agree a door would look great. For me it would make sense cause I don't want my dogs walking up and licking my tools and grates when not in use. Any idea on what something like this would run?

I completely agree about having a door or doors on the larger cabinet.

How about making one with a piano hinge at the top? The door could be lined with stainless (or laminate, I suppose), so that when it is flipped up onto the top, there is an easily cleanable working surface, but keeping the nice looks of the teak when closed up.

Mike

Thanks for the kudos..

For those interested.. I have not seen any of the costing information..

I made up the smaller all teak ones and got feedback in this post above..

Ran out got the stone and it's been a rush to the finish line to get them done and into the container which left today.

Most of the shots with the marble top were shot at noon and the color is a bit washed out.. They are much richer looking than in the photos.. The tiger looking streaks will balance out..

I probably won't have a cost until mid week next week..

Thanks again for the kudos..

;);)

Re: Thanks for the kudos..

For those interested.. I have not seen any of the costing information..

I made up the smaller all teak ones and got feedback in this post above..

Ran out got the stone and it's been a rush to the finish line to get them done and into the container which left today.

Most of the shots with the marble top were shot at noon and the color is a bit washed out.. They are much richer looking than in the photos.. The tiger looking streaks will balance out..

I probably won't have a cost until mid week next week..

Thanks again for the kudos..

;);)

The stone tables are being shipped to my house when??

-=Jasen=-

Actually' date=' marble is perhaps not the best choice, as it will react with the acids in marinades and sauces. Is there a non-carbonate stone available in the islands? Granite would be great.[/quote']

Got that covered..

It's been treated with special resins to be used in the kitchen that are very durable and UV resistant then polished (in Italy)

There were granites but this brown was the most beautiful with the teak..