Firemonkey

So what going on the grill to celebrate the 4th?

We have a family owned food store here that has all the regular groceries but specializes in Meats and Fish. They had lobster tails on sale recently and I am going to see if they are still on sale. Lobster tails on the KK with a nice thick Rib eye beats any surf and turf at a restaurant!

I am also eying up Doc's pineapple salmon.

Ribs are a no brainer - gotta have those on a holiday weekend with some grilled corn! That's my 2 cents and a preview of what is going on my KK this weekend! 8)

SO will more than likely be out of town so it's just my 8 yo son so we'll probably be going light this 4th weekend; spares, tri-tip and probably some butts over the span of the long weekend. I'd like to find some beef cheek and do barbacoa but might be hard to find.

They had lobster tails on sale recently and I am going to see if they are still on sale. Lobster tails on the KK with a nice thick Rib eye beats any surf and turf at a restaurant!

I am in Newport, RI this week so I have been indulging in lobsters a bit myself. Still haven't found one that can compete with a nice tail fresh off the grill, though!

we'll probably be going light this 4th weekend; spares' date=' tri-tip and probably some butts over the span of the long weekend[/quote']

I like your version of "Light" :D

Firemonkey writes:

I am in Newport, RI this week so I have been indulging in lobsters a bit myself. Still haven't found one that can compete with a nice tail fresh off the grill, though!

Great town!!! Just wondering - are those Florida lobsters you are comparing with Newport lobsters?

Susan

Well, I lived in Annapolis, MD for 21 years, so I do recognize the difference between "real" lobster and the warm water variety in FL. Most of what I buy and cook at home are previously frozen cold water tails. I'm not saying that I haven't had some mighty fine lobster this week, just that I miss the flavor of fire grilling a buttery tail. :D

If I had a grill at my hotel, I would go get a live lobster and cook it over a bed of seaweed like we did when I was a kid! We also used to boil them in seawater, but since there was a swim advisory on the beaches here I don't know if that would be a very good idea :P

Looks like burgers, chicken and possibly ribs over an open fire, although storms look imminent for Eastern Iowa this weekend. Guess we may have to spend our time in our tent by ourselves playing cards, just like our honeymoon on Cape Cod 24 years ago(Ok, we stayed in a villa then, no tent. Come to think of it we didn't have a deck of cards either)

Will have shrimp' date=' and fresh fish. Looks like a long dry spell is on the way here in the Panhandle of FL.[/quote']

I'm working in Pensacola next week, and the family insisted on staying on the beach like we normally do. I tried telling them they were in for a totally different perspective, but they wouldn't budge. I guess they will be spending a lot of time in the pool :?

I have a strong feeling that escambia county knows that the water is unsafe but won't red flag it for fear of hurting tourism. It's telling when the cleanup crews are telling people not to get in the water, lifeguards are wearing bandanas because of the smell, and the county official is proclaiming "nothing to see here...move along". I think that pisses me off more than the spill itself! :mad:

I have a strong feeling that escambia county knows that the water is unsafe but won't red flag it for fear of hurting tourism. It's telling when the cleanup crews are telling people not to get in the water, lifeguards are wearing bandanas because of the smell, and the county official is proclaiming "nothing to see here...move along". I think that pisses me off more than the spill itself! :mad:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Well said.

Have the kids been to the Naval Museum on NAS Pensacola? The price is right..free.

Best seafood in the area is at "Capt Joey Pattie's"

West, across Joe Patti parking lot to next street. Closes around 4pm. Prices are a little up thanks to oil.

Best kept secret in Pensacola.

Note: Others in that area have mushy fish.

If I can be of assistance please email.

and will probably hit McGuires for a decent steak (unless you have a better place?).

No better place than McGuires for steak. Try the "Senate Bean Soup"

Buffet:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/256/1168575 ... -Pensacola

Same parking lot- New only KFC buffet in area (not tried yet)

More seafood:

2nd only to Joey Patti's

http://local.yahoo.com/info-14037951-da ... use-milton (sml fam facility)

Pizza: Mon after 5 1/2 price (Outstanding Pizza)

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/256/1168663 ... -Pensacola