mguerra

Straight Lines

C'mon ya'll, I'm floating you straight lines left and right here and can't get a rise out of anybody. I gave you the note about letting my dogs lick the grill clean, figuring somebody would come back with a smart remark about canine grill floss or something, but nothing. Then I give the physicists a deadpan remark about Heisenberg being "uncertain" about his pork butts. That should have stirred up some crafty wordsmithing intertwining BBQ with the Uncertainty Principle; and again, no witty remarks. Then I cook those disgusting frozen fish cakes with sausages, plate 'em up on an artistic plate and pair them with an expensive Bordeaux. I expected some serious piercing sarcasm with that one! Props to Conodo and T for coming back with a little something there, though.

I'm setting myself up for some serious zingers here, ya'll need to take aim, crank up the puns, reparte and sarcasm, and let something fly.

Re: Straight Lines

ya'll need to take aim' date=' crank up the puns, reparte and sarcasm, and let something fly.[/quote']

I'll pass. I like the forum as is... about serious KK cooking.

This site is of the same high quality as Mr. Linkletter. I for one hope it stays that way forever. It doesn't even tolerate bashing the deserving.

That is one Roast that I hope never cooks here.

C'mon ya'll, I'm floating you straight lines left and right here and can't get a rise out of anybody. I gave you the note about letting my dogs lick the grill clean, figuring somebody would come back with a smart remark about canine grill floss or something, but nothing. Then I give the physicists a deadpan remark about Heisenberg being "uncertain" about his pork butts. That should have stirred up some crafty wordsmithing intertwining BBQ with the Uncertainty Principle; and again, no witty remarks. Then I cook those disgusting frozen fish cakes with sausages, plate 'em up on an artistic plate and pair them with an expensive Bordeaux. I expected some serious piercing sarcasm with that one! Props to Conodo and T for coming back with a little something there, though.

I'm setting myself up for some serious zingers here, ya'll need to take aim, crank up the puns, reparte and sarcasm, and let something fly.

Hey Doc, fish cakes.................... I must of missed them, all I saw was a fabulous bottle of Bordeaux................. ;) guess I will have to pay much closer attention to your posts.......................... :)

T Rex

T Rex

Easy

Oh for crying out loud Cook, we're like a family here. A little bit of light-hearted ribbing doesn't take away from our serious posts about KK cooking. It adds to the joy of living! We have the best Q forum on the net, and some of the coolest members, I think.

Re: Easy

Oh for crying out loud Cook' date=' we're like a family here. A little bit of light-hearted ribbing doesn't take away from our serious posts about KK cooking. It adds to the joy of living! We have the best Q forum on the net, and some of the coolest members, I think.[/quote']

Gosh. I hate to see a grown man cry, running around the house naked.

Then I cook those disgusting frozen fish cakes with sausages' date=' plate 'em up on an artistic plate and pair them with an expensive Bordeaux. I expected some serious piercing sarcasm with that one![/quote']

LMAO, I caught that picture (on the KK) while on a conference call and meant to come back and comment. I think you mentioned that the wife was out of town and figured if you're like me, I've been known to enjoy a few adult beverages on my bachelor weekends and you must have been tying one on. Didn't see the picture with the Bordeaux, classic stuff!

Hmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm, better hope the wife doesn't come home early....... ;)

Well, gotta run......... leaving in 30 minutes to go slay some Salmon. Five minutes to the launch and 10 minutes later, the lines are in! :D:D Ahhh, fresh wild Chinook Salmon and Flounder for supper...........

T Rex

Re: Hmmmmmmmm

Well, gotta run......... leaving in 30 minutes to go slay some Salmon. Five minutes to the launch and 10 minutes later, the lines are in! :D:D Ahhh, fresh wild Chinook Salmon and Flounder for supper...........

T Rex

I'm working in Manitoba in a few weeks. It sounds like I need to take a few thousand mile side trip for some of that seafood. Maybe kill two birds at once and ride the train through the rockies- I hear that is a spectacular ride.

hey Syz

You tried it yet?

Seriously, though, when I first got my KK I didn't think there was any reason to foil anything. I figured it was a crutch or remedy for high airflow steel cookers. With our low flow, moisture saving environment in our KK's I figured it was unnecessary. I only tried it because I was curious, especially about the concept of doing a brisket in a few hours instead of overnight or all day. They promote it over at the Weber Smoky Mountain forum; those are steel cookers. Anyhow I tried it once just to see how it turned out. That first try flipped me to the technique. Anyway as I have said, try it to see if you like it, and you will probably use it some or all of the time when doing a brisket. The only times I don't do it are when I want to go do something for a few hours and can't monitor the relatively fast 4 or 5 hour cook. Then I just set the Guru or Stoker to 225 and forget about it til I get home. Then I can resume the hot fast, or just let it go low and slow.

scorcher

Well, Firemonkey, it was way hotter here last year. We started in the 100's in June! When we have a hot southwest wind blowing up from Mexico, Kerrville is usually a degree or two hotter than S.A. At least this year we didn't hit that til August. My wife is cooling her heels out in Monterey, California, where it's 59!!! Which reminds me I have not tried that Santa Maria style tri-tip yet.

Re: Hmmmmmmmm

T Rex

Took my mom and Mrs. T out for a 4 hour fishing trip in our local waters. The first 2 hours were spent catching Pacific Cod and Flounder then we moved over to one of my favourite spots. It took me 20 minutes to get this guy to the boat, man was I pooped fighting it in 29 degree Celsius weather....

20100804_1678.jpg

Check out the teeth on this bad boy........

20100804_1680.jpg

My fish cleaning table is 5 feet long.......

20100804_1685.jpg

Almost forgot, 30.8 pounds! :D:D:D

T Rex