Curly

Olive oil sprayer

I've had a couple of these Olive Oil dispensers and neither of them have been very reliable or have lasted all that long. Anybody had any good luck with a certain brand?

The 2 I've had were both pumps that seemed to not give a good spray for long. The spayer eventually went from a nice wide spay to a single line of oil. :cry:

Williams-Sonoma.com

http://tinyurl.com/jmd2t

I have one from the pampered chef, that my wife brought home. I'm not too impressed with it, but it does work. its completely plastic, and the key to good coverage is keeping the pressure high enough.

I only really use ot for things like coating bowls before putgting dough in them to rise, or spraying vegetables for grilling. Its nice to have one bevcause I make infused oils with spices from the garden - but the convenience of a can cant be beat.

I am thinking about using a cheap trigger sprayer. I bet it would work pretty well.

When challenged to find the most effective way to evenly coat the chicken pieces with oil, the test kitchen staff at Cook's tested four different oil sprayers: QuickMist and Misto (two of the newer air-pumped sprayers), a plastic spray bottle, and vegetable oil Pam. All the refillable sprayers were filled with vegetable oil.

The QuickMist fared the best. Only 15 pumps were necessary to create the pressure needed to keep the oil at a contant spray. The mist of oil created was the finest, making it easy to coat the chicken evenly. Conveniently, the QuickMist also held a mist for the longest period of time, making the task of pumping less repetitive.

From "Cooks Illustrated", cooksillustrated.com

Curly, are you going to tell me you dont have compressed air in that shop of yours?

Do it the DJ way - plumb some air lines to the kitchen, add a quick connect to the counter backsplash, and use a spray gun!

Hmmm, think DJ would come over and weld me sumin up?

I bgt 3 of those Misto's for $9.99 each when I started this thread. I recently saw them at Dollar General (or similar) for about $3.00.

Crocky man :D

Curly, are you going to tell me you dont have compressed air in that shop of yours?

Do it the DJ way - plumb some air lines to the kitchen, add a quick connect to the counter backsplash, and use a spray gun!

Hey dude, it would be easy for us to divert that airline running to your bedroom (for those blow up monkeys) and run it to the kitchen? hehe :shock:

-=Jasen=-