Brooklyn

Finally mastered pizza! pictures that are loooong overdue.

probably time for me to pimp a nice big fat KK Baking Stone!

Ah' date=' perhaps. The one below is the heat deflector. Before I discovered using it, my youngest daughter after tasting my pizza exclaimed, "It tastes like I'm eating charcoal!" Don't have that problem any more.[/quote']

Ah' date=' perhaps. The one below is the heat deflector. Before I discovered using it, my youngest daughter after tasting my pizza exclaimed, "It tastes like I'm eating charcoal!" Don't have that problem any more.[/quote']

I'm confidant that using your heat deflector below your stones is not going to change the taste of your pie..

In fact almost all the volitiles that give charcoal it's distinctive flavor profile will be long vaporized once the entire bowl is raging at Pizza baking temps..

It would have to be some really nasty under-carbonized charcoal or you might have added some fresh charcoal mid cook..

I'm guessing it was subliminal suggestion.. her having tasted food that had been smoked.. she smells the charcoal when you lit the grill.. and presto..

"Daddy it tastes like charcoal!"

As I said.. not much if any smoke at those temps.. I'd recommend you loose the heat deflector.. it will reduce the time needed to heat soak the stones.. (unless the stones transfer too much heat and the HD combo works well for you;-)

If that is the case.. probably time for me to pimp a nice big fat KK Baking Stone!

:lol::lol: