macintob

New KK On Its Way To Peterborough Ontario Canada!

Hi All,

I placed my order for my OTB Autumn Nebula about a month ago, and the suspense is killing me! I have checked with the west coast and still no sign of the ship. Hey Snowynose...how long did yours take to arrive? At any rate I can't wait to try some low and slow stuff (ribs, pork butt, ect.) I have a spot on the patio cleared off and waiting for its new tenant. Every time I fire up the gas grill it breaks my heart....already have 2 bags of Royal Oak ready to go. Using the lump will bring back childhood memories of Dad getting the old round steel BBQ fired up 2 hrs. before we threw on the burgs 8) . This forum is going to make life easy for a novice, lots of good advice and recipes here. Glad to be a new member.

Brent

Re: New KK On Its Way To Peterborough Ontario Canada!

Congrats you won't regret it, aside from wishing you had done it sooner. And it's great to see another KK coming to the great white north. Mine took 2 months almost to the day from order to delivery. Of that, 6 weeks was time spent in transit & customs. Like you I didn't hear anything until it arrived in Vancouver.

The boards are a great place to ask questions or if you like send me a PM and we can e-mail/phone.

Thanks guys,

Too bad I hadn't made the decision earlier...precious grilling season days are passing whilst I wait :). Hephaestus, the GE is still grinding out, large motors, nuclear fuel bundles, and a few other commodities. The KK in town will be another Ptbo. milestone.

Whoo Hoo!!, I received word that my KK is in Toronto and needs to clear customs ect. I hope to be picking it up this Friday! Better get to the butcher this week....think I'll try a pork butt :smt001 . Thanks for the reassuring posts while I waited, just the red tape left now. I'll be sure to post picks when it arrives.

fetch?id=66936fetch?id=66937fetch?id=66938 Re: New KK On Its Way To Peterborough Ontario Canada! Well Folks, I finally got it in place, broken in, and christened accordingly. We were thinking of smashing a bottle of champagne over it but settled for pouring a little Molson Canadian over her for good luck! My youngest (four) calls it "The Rocket". Just had it for over a week now and have cooked London Broils, Pork Back Ribs, Pea meal Bacon, 10lb Pork Butt, and Chicken Leg Quarters with BBG White Sauce. Everything turned out fantastic. 8) Looking forward to reading some posts for new ideas. Happy Grillin Brent

post-7000-139082395417_thumb.jpg

post-7000-13908239551_thumb.jpg

post-7000-139082395602_thumb.jpg

Pea Meal Bacon is sweet pickled back bacon with a pea meal coating rubbed on, it comes a little bigger than a tenderloin and just as pink and juicy as all get out. I'll post a pic of whats left if the kids haven't gotten to it yet.

Hey Brent,

I am currently in the process of purchasing a KK. I live in Midland Ontario and would like to know of your additional costs to get the KK to your door.

I grew up in Peterborough, lived on Cameron St. and later taught music at Thomas A. Stewart High school in the mid 70's.

I still have a sister and father in-law living there. going to visit for xmas.

randy walden

:smt006