ThreeDJ16

Dirty Rice

shhhhhhhhhhhh

(Drunk-J...these yankees is a bunch a sissies ain't they he-he-he :lol: )

call me what you will; i've spent time south of M-D. Columbus, GA, Winston-Salem & Charlotte, NC, and my dad lives down in Hopkins, SC (around Columbia). i know waffle house, krystals, krispy kreme, and PO' FOLKS (oh man, do i miss that).

don't make fried pig guts taste any better... but it did teach me that the most noble way to serve fish is FRIED with hushpuppies and sweet chow!

shhhhhhhhhhhh

(Drunk-J...these yankees is a bunch a sissies ain't they he-he-he :lol: )

call me what you will; i've spent time south of M-D. Columbus, GA, Winston-Salem & Charlotte, NC, and my dad lives down in Hopkins, SC (around Columbia). i know waffle house, krystals, krispy kreme, and PO' FOLKS (oh man, do i miss that).

don't make fried pig guts taste any better... but it did teach me that the most noble way to serve fish is FRIED with hushpuppies and sweet chow!

Man, why did you have to bring up Po' Folks. We have not had that in many, many years and I miss it too. We have almost zero country cooking type restaurants in this area. I cannot find one single place that even serves a fried pork chop (my favorite dish); so I have to make it myself - quite often - Mmmm.

Don't know about sweet chow, but love my fried fish and hushpuppies and thankfully there are plenty of places that server that. I just went to Old Mcdonald's Fish Camp last weekend for some. Now there is a little place near the town a grew up (Neal's Restaurant in Harlem, Ga) that serves a sweet tatar sauce - man it is good. It tastes very similar to the potato salad recipe I posted before you add the potatoes and it is great on fish and hushpuppies.

Man you done went and got me hungry now - argh!

-=Jasen=-