tlinder

Whole pig and lamb

some remarks:

1) tlinder, you are the MAN! awesome pics...

2) i bet i could fit a whole pig in my KK. i would try indirect, and truss him in a seated position, like a dog begging for a biscuit.

3) same thing on the lamb.

thanks for the idea! i've got access to lots of amish "schlacthaus" pork around here; yet another project for lenny!

some remarks:

1) tlinder, you are the MAN! awesome pics...

2) i bet i could fit a whole pig in my KK. i would try indirect, and truss him in a seated position, like a dog begging for a biscuit.

3) same thing on the lamb.

thanks for the idea! i've got access to lots of amish "schlacthaus" pork around here; yet another project for lenny!

I got the meat also directly from an organic farmer. Really tasty stuff.

I don't think the pig would fit into the KK. The KK is 22" but the barrel below the pig on the picture is about 40". I would have to get a smaller big, but this are less fat and tend to get very dry.

tlinder' date=' with all that equipment, i bet you are the "feast-meister" among your circle of friends![/quote']

That's completly true. We have guests over every weekend. My wife is also a passionate cook. She does the best chutneys and relishs and her christmas cookies are legendary (she uses up to 50 pounds of butter to prepare them every December).

As you realized we are also a little bit addicted to cooking equipment. We have a tool for everything and now with the KK we also have the ultimate grill.

I'll bet DJ has been welding away trying to recreate some of these grillin appareti TLINDLER has.

Keep the pics coming, this is some great stuff!

On the 2nd September we actually have around 40 people over. I'm still undecided what to cook but it's definetly going to be some big pieces of meat in the KK. I will sure take again some nice photo shoots.

Here are some pics from the food this weekend and of my family while eating it. It's only about 4 pounds of meat on the grill. Not that spectacular, I know! The potatoes were superdelicious.

P1000665.jpg

P1000666.jpg

P1000667.jpg

I remembered you saying that...now after seeing all that stuff, you were very serious.

I'll bet your dad would have loved the KK...after he got past the ceramic thing :shock:

He would sure have loved it. He had a huge Oklahoma Joe grill and really loved to smoke almost everything. It's really a shame he died 6 years ago. The alcohol, damn :(

What meats were those?

I wanted to experiment a bit, if there is a big difference between this 3 pieces when you do them for 4 hours:

-beef hip steak

-beef roast

-beef brisket

I was actually surprised that the differences are not that huge although the hip steak costed twice as much.

What meats were those?

I wanted to experiment a bit, if there is a big difference between this 3 pieces when you do them for 4 hours:

-beef hip steak

-beef roast

-beef brisket

I was actually surprised that the differences are not that huge although the hip steak costed twice as much.

Cool, post the results. Sorry about your dad...alcohol respects no one!

Carry on his great tradition as I know he would want.

What meats were those?

-beef hip steak

-beef roast

-beef brisket

Cool, post the results. Sorry about your dad...alcohol respects no one!

Carry on his great tradition as I know he would want.

Yes I will!

The results are the following:

I used the same marinade with all 3 pieces. The roast and the brisket were in the marinade for the whole night and the steak only for 1 hour. The steak and the roast are a little bit softer to cut but less juicy than the brisket.

great pics! especially the one of all your fans gathered at the table! POTATOES! it is really amazing how good they are off of one of these ceramic grills, isn't it? i toss mine in olive oil, kosher salt, coarse black pepper and roast at about 425-450. the skins get all papery and crisp.

have you grilled other veggies? 2 huge favorites of mine are brussel sprouts and asparagus. they are so good on the grill! so your wife does cookies??? ever hear of "sables" or "spitzbuben"? does she make a killer "linzertorte"?

great pics! especially the one of all your fans gathered at the table!

It's really nice to have the KK so close to the table. You can serve yourself with stuff without getting up from the chair. When it's getting dark the KK gives also a very nice light with open dome.

POTATOES! it is really amazing how good they are off of one of these ceramic grills' date=' isn't it? i toss mine in olive oil, kosher salt, coarse black pepper and roast at about 425-450. the skins get all papery and crisp. [/quote']

I just washed them and tossed them on the grill without any oil or spices. Next time I will try it the way you do them.

have you grilled other veggies? 2 huge favorites of mine are brussel sprouts and asparagus. they are so good on the grill!

I'm not too much into brussel sprouts but I sure have to try the aspargus. I did sweet corn the last time and this was also lovely.

so your wife does cookies??? ever hear of "sables" or "spitzbuben"? does she make a killer "linzertorte"?

Here a picture of our cookies from last Christmas. 25 different kinds of cookies, about 40 lb of butter used for it:

DSC00007.jpg

She does delicious Spitzbuben (see right lower corner of the picture) and also Sables are a must. With Linzertorte she is not that much of an expert. Another one of our signature specialities are patees and terrines. That's a morel beef terrine (secret recipe from my father) and a pork filet patee we did for Christmas:

DSC00120_1.jpg

great pics! especially the one of all your fans gathered at the table!

It's really nice to have the KK so close to the table. You can serve yourself with stuff without getting up from the chair. When it's getting dark the KK gives also a very nice light with open dome.

POTATOES! it is really amazing how good they are off of one of these ceramic grills' date=' isn't it? i toss mine in olive oil, kosher salt, coarse black pepper and roast at about 425-450. the skins get all papery and crisp. [/quote']

I just washed them and tossed them on the grill without any oil or spices. Next time I will try it the way you do them.

have you grilled other veggies? 2 huge favorites of mine are brussel sprouts and asparagus. they are so good on the grill!

I'm not too much into brussel sprouts but I sure have to try the aspargus. I did sweet corn the last time and this was also lovely.

so your wife does cookies??? ever hear of "sables" or "spitzbuben"? does she make a killer "linzertorte"?

Here a picture of our cookies from last Christmas. 25 different kinds of cookies, about 40kg of butter used for it:

DSC00007.jpg

She does delicious Spitzbuben (see right lower corner of the picture) and also Sables are a must. With Linzertorte she is not that much of an expert. Another one of our signature specialities are patees and terrines. That's a morel beef terrine (secret recipe from my father) and a pork filet patee we did for Christmas:

DSC00120_1.jpg

Man, that looks great! Think you could get us some recipes? I love experimenting with new things - er- ah - food's that is. :shock: Culy and Gerard, step away from the keyboard - now!

:lol:

-=Jasen=-