ckreef

Masitas de Puerco Fritas

Fried Cuban Pork Chunks

Was off work today due to the rain so I had a little time to do a slightly more involved cook. Cuban Fried Pork Butt, grilled, thick cut, sweet potatoes w/ a balsamic glaze served with garlic tomatoes and okra.

Pork Butt chunks and Mojo marinade ingredients including a fresh made Mojo paste.

258208c748056afd453677b271829af0.jpg

Ready for an 8 hour refrigerator marinate.

3efd08c2ab33008f6f1910854a8a9e64.jpg

The rest of the ingredients.

8b59416958828ee0edeec1546c844bea.jpg

Grilled Sweet Potatos. Thick cut on Cassiopeia at 375* direct.

c1a292235d8c54bd4c76d624a2bb8d42.jpg

Total cook time about 75 minutes. Fried Cuban Pork Chunks and fried onions. Grilled Sweet Potato chips with a balsamic glaze served with garlic tomatoes and okra.

b2c932eb2cee27800a663997cb15fcd2.jpg

b889920204e705ddd2a3821e8c53780f.jpg

The fried Cuban Pork Chunks recipe

http://icuban.com/food/mobile/masas_de_puerco.html

Mojo marinade

http://icuban.com/food/mobile/mojo.html

Cuban side dishes

http://www.shaunmyrick.com/eat/cuban-side-dishes

An awesome dinner that was a first for me. Timing started a little off but I tweaked it so everything was done at the same time. Going to do this one again.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

And who said rain was a bad thing...another fine meal Charles.

Unfortunately 2 days of rain this week means I'm definitely working Saturday and maybe Sunday to make up for it and it's supposed to be sunny in the mid 60's this weekend. I would have rather eaten a crappy meal and worked then gone riding the motorcycle this weekend.

Unfortunately 2 days of rain this week means I'm definitely working Saturday and maybe Sunday to make up for it and it's supposed to be sunny in the mid 60's this weekend. I would have rather eaten a crappy meal and worked then gone riding the motorcycle this weekend.

Now that you explain it that way, rain sucks.

• Like 1

A very tasty looking dinner, ck. At least your storms run away, we have one coming this afternoon and it won't be running any place but it will be blowing every place. All schools cancelled for the day.

The cold northern winds tends to blow a storm past us fairly quickly. The tail end usually sucks warm air up from the Gulf of Mexico so we get a cold storm followed by a few warm sunny days.

If we get a 1/4" of snow they would shut the schools down. I'm sure it takes a lot more than that to close schools where you live.