ckreef

Testing, Testing, 1, 2 Pizza

I've vacillated back/forth about getting one...but holding out for something:   Too big, too expensive along with requiring copious amounts of wood

I too have been looking at true wood fired ovens. Maybe one day but for now the Blackstone will have to do. I got it a couple of years ago when Lowes put them on sale for $199, I couldn't pass it up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Killer looking pizzas,  all of them. Pizza challenge is going to be tough for sure. My money is on you Charles. 

Yea with all the pizza cooks being posted lately it's going to be a tough challenge. I don't really expect to win but I'm going to give them a run for their money.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My main challenge to a wood fired oven is figuring out how long I'll stay in one place.  I don't want to put a bunch of bucks into a nice pizza oven as part of a nice outdoor kitchen that I can't take with me if I get the itch.  TheBeast seems to do just fine and dadgummed dandy.

Valoriani is what I want...and they recently introduced their "Baby" line.   http://valoriani.it/en/forno_baby

I assume Mugnaini, the North American Valoriani distributor in NorCal, will have them eventually...:  http://www.mugnaini.com/residential-ovens/

If you are not familiar with Andrea Mugnaini's story and even if you're not in the market for a wood fired "pizza" oven, you like I did, might find her entrepreneurially story for all things business & marketing very interesting.  

Edited by dstr8