Someone had posted using Ponzu Sauce in one of their cooks.  What is Ponzu Sauce ?  Taste ?  How would it be used and which meats would be best ?  

Always interested in finding a particular taste.

Ponzu Sauce is a thin, flavored soy sauce usually used for dipping things like Chinese fried dumplings in.

Can also be used as a marinade or more likely an ingredient in a marinade. A relatively high salt content but probably not as much as straight soy sauce.

Pork or chicken with an Asian flair.

Can be purchased in your local grocery store or homemade starting with a soy sauce base. I usually have a bottle of Ponzu sauce in the fridge that I use for various cooks when my brain wanders in that direction.

Looks like I'm running low, need to buy another bottle. There are various flavors out there for sale.

bf43591b0d9157b1f30d1457f4ccf3bd.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It is a combination of Yuzu fruit juice and zest, with rice wine vinegar, kombu and bonito. Great dipping sauce for grilled shrimp. I make a marinade for pork with it. There is no soy sauce in the one that I use.

https://smile.amazon.com/Yakami-Orchard-Natural-Japanese-Ponzu/dp/B002AC16CM

From their product description:  Elevate your Japanese and Fusion Cuisine to the highest level with Yakami Orchard 100% Natural Japanese Ponzu. Just add the finest available unpasteurized white shoyu, aged tamari, or soy sauce to taste and savor the unique and refreshing aroma and bright flavor only Yakami Orchards Yuzu Juice and Yuzu zest offers. Create an extraordinary dipping sauce for sashimi and one-pot dishes such as shabu-shabu, or use as a dressing or sauce for grilled, pan-fried, or tempura fish, meats, and vegetables. Crafted from the finest ingredients available: Aged rice wine vinegar, Mirin, Yakami Orchard Yuzu Juice, Yakami Orchard Yuzu Zest, shaved bonito, and Kombu.

Here's the white soy sauce (Shoyu) that I like to blend with it to make the dipping sauce. https://smile.amazon.com/White-Shoyu-Japanese-Sauce-ounce/dp/B0075AN6L8

Love this stuff.