xraydoc

Saving topics or posts

Is there a way that I can save a topic or a post for later reference? There are so many good posts on here. Many times I read something and think to myself "that's really great! I need to remember that." It would be great if there were a way to save it to a list or something so that I can come back to it later. Currently I am just emailing stuff to myself, but that seems rather clunky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can subscribe to a thread. Then you can load up your subscriptions and they are all there. Only downside is unless you really tweak your notifications you'll be notified everytime some posts into it even if it's a year later. Might not be a bad thing depends on how you look at it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies here @ckreef and @HalfSmoke, @xraydoc there is no easy way to do this unfortunately. The best advice is what @ckreef has mentioned where you can subscribe to the thread. The issues there as he explains is the notifications. But if its a topic you are interested in maybe you want the notifications. Maybe test the idea out with a few active posts and see how it goes.

Apart from that what @HalfSmoke has suggested is a valid idea too. If you dont have one note you can use evernote as well. This is just a bit more of a manual way and you have to actively visit the URL's from time to time to get an update (if required). One downside with this way is if the forum URL's slightly change then the bookmarked pages/URLs will not auto update and you may loose your reference. If you bookmark them someway through the site they will always be up to date.

Thanks for the post, im sorry we dont have any better way for you.

Well ips  dont have a lot of mods thats for sure what you are asking for is a bookmarking mod but with ips forums they dont have such a thing 

@churchi not sure if this mod will do the trick but have a look see 

https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8248-post-highlight-colour-per-forum/

After reading notes this might not be what we want for being close to bookmarking but it does seem like a nice mod sorry for getting hopes up

Edited by Stile88