tony b

Kickstarter Campaign for Lane's BBQ Rubs

Did the House Divided on a chicken leg quarter - very nice. Lots of garlic flavor. Can't wait to try that one again soon; maybe on roasted potatoes?

But boy, that PitMaster Select #1 on the brisket was FANTASTIC. Best brisket that I think I've ever done and my dinner guest thought so, too. Can't wait to do a nice steak with it next. While they say it's their regular brisket rub on steroids, I think that it is more like their Ancho Espresso on steroids. Can't wait to write up my review for the Kickstarter campaign. Hoping this one's a "keeper."

On 9/16/2016 at 6:37 AM, billg71 said:

So for $154 you might get 12 bottles of rub that are mostly salt and/or sugar. Oh, and they'll throw in a T-shirt. That's some awful expensive salt and sugar IMO.

I stumbled across the Amazing Ribs site over a year ago when I got interested in learning how to smoke. Meathead has some really great recipes for rubs, the recipes are free and if you spend $30-40 at the local grocery store you can have all the ingredients to make 20 pounds or so of assorted rubs.

So ask yourself "How long will 20 lb. of rub last me?" ;) Then think about how long 12 8-oz bottles will last.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

I suggest you buy your spices to make your rubs FRESH at a place like http://WorldSpice.com  The difference between pre-ground and fresh is dramatic. I'm guessing 80% more aromatic.  They will grind for you when they ship or send them out whole so you can grind yourself before you sue them ,

On 2/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

I suggest you buy your spices to make your rubs FRESH at a place like http://WorldSpice.com  The difference between pre-ground and fresh is dramatic. I'm guessing 80% more aromatic.  They will grind for you when they ship or send them out whole so you can grind yourself before you sue them ,

Or even before you use them....

I agree with Dennis