twharton

November 27th Is "K" Day!

Re: ABT?

Maybe do some ABT's to snack on and hour or so before the ribs are done.

I give up. What's an ABT? :smt102

An ABT virgin huh? Hey ya'll, he's a virgin :oops:

Atomic Buffalo Turd

There are many vaiations. But the basic is to cut a jalepeno pepper in half long ways, fill it with cream cheese and wrap it with bacon with a couple of tooth picks holding it together. You will love it. This pic shows them having put the halves back together. I just leave them halves and have twice as many.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/wwwboard/messages/317402.shtml

Re: ABT?

I give up. What's an ABT? :smt102

Here's what they look like:

img56120gp.jpg

img56137lw.jpg

Technique varies. I cut the tops off the jalapeños, scoop out the membranes/seeds with a carrot peeler, stuff with a chilled stick of cream cheese (cut from a brick), wrap with bacon, pin with toothpick, and then roll in a nice bbq rub. Some folks do 'em low n slow. I do mine hot and fast. 350-400deg, 30-45min.

They ROCK!

:smt028

PS the smaller items in front are bacon-wrapped pickled watermelon rind.

Doggit, I've been deleting files all day for naught :shock:.

So, whens mustard sposed to be in?

To late we already have all the info on you we need without the files. :)

A little birdy asked me if I had a forklift to get the cooker off the truck so that the proper shipping could be arranged. I'll start a what shall I cook in it first thread when I hear more.

Curly wrote:

Wonder if Mustard glows in the dark.

Leaddog...this may be a mischievious prank on the part of Curly with a credit towards Robin Williams.....In his monologue, Robin Williams at the Met, he jokes about a baby's waste product being a combination of nuclear waste and velcro. Given Curly's previous description of your color, and the current comment about glowing in the dark, I think Curly is pulling your leg again.

Curly wrote:

Wonder if Mustard glows in the dark.

Leaddog...this may be a mischievious prank on the part of Curly with a credit towards Robin Williams.....In his monologue, Robin Williams at the Met, he jokes about a baby's waste product being a combination of nuclear waste and velcro. Given Curly's previous description of your color, and the current comment about glowing in the dark, I think Curly is pulling your leg again.

Hahahahahahaa! Yeah, Curly thought about all of that when he was posting - ppfft - hahahahha! :shock: Come on Sam, this is Curly??? :roll: They don't even get cable were he lives - probably still watching 70's reruns!

-=Jasen=-

Deej...the grills need 30 sq. ft of tile. ...but I think Leaddog is kidding. :lol:

Actually we had another thread going somewhere about these exact tiles. It would really be a cool idea for someone. Ouch, 30 sq ft, man that is a bunch more than what I thought. I did a little research into some metal tiles I thought would be really cool on this cooker, but it got really expensive, really quick! Oh well, dreams are cheap - hehe!

-=Jasen=-

I really would be an awesome idea if it worked properly and had a decent life span. I mean being able to look at the tiles on your grill to tell an approximate temp would kick ass. Ah but still just a dream. I still think the metal tiles I was looking at were cooler though. I just worried about the metal expanding and cracking the grout. But they were 1 inch copper patina tiles and they looked killer!

-=Jasen=-