twharton

Gasket Delamination

1100º will delaminate your gasket if it's on the damper top

+- 1100º will vaporize the high temp

silicone that attaches your gasket if it's on the damper top not the chimney. But then again, it will vaporize almost anything..

:lol::lol:

For those of you who missed it.. This cooker was opened up and let go.. within 6 minutes the needle was wrapped and the dome was around 1100ºf.

If you really feel the need to dabble in these insanely high temps, (which I don't suggest) I'd recommend attaching your gasket to the lower side of the damper top. It won't take the direct blow torch effect down there and will do just fine.

Yep, I'd do what DJ suggested. Get the high temp silicone caulk and run a bead on the bottom lip of the top opening. Spay a little oil on it (cooking oil, not motor oil :shock: ) and lay down some saran wrap. Then close the damper down to where it forms to the shape.

Then crank her back up and go for 2000 degrees...get some pics you piro :roll:

Actually' date=' I was talking about using the high temp silicone to re-adhere his existing gasket, not to form a new one.[/quote']

Oh, will you just make up your mind already?

Jeez.

:roll:

Actually it was already; his question was what can I use to re-attach the existing gasket, my answer was high temp silicone. Curly actually interjected the wrong answer thereby confusing the situation - darn ya! So go back to sleep at your computer Majestik and as you need the rest for the ass kickin' your gonna get tonight at Halo 2!!!! :shock:

-=Jasen=-

Actually it was already; his question was what can I use to re-attach the existing gasket' date=' my answer was high temp silicone. Curly actually interjected the wrong answer thereby confusing the situation - darn ya! So go back to sleep at your computer Majestik and as you need the rest for the ass kickin' your gonna get tonight at Halo 2!!!! :shock:[/quote']

I know... just thought you could use some exercise... hehe.... you know, help get your post count up a little.

:smt064