MacKenzie

Joule Egg

I've done lots of sous vide eggs and not all were successful but this one was. SV egg at 194F for 8 mins. and then into a very cold bath to stop the cooking. Lately I've used the air fryer to cook the bacon and am liking that method. Wouldn't want to do a lot at a time just a couple of pieces or you might get a lot of smoke. It sure gets rid of lots of the fat and the bacon still tastes wonderful.

That is some of the Lebanese Mountain bread that was just made recently. My eggs are fresh and I has a difficult time getting it out of the shell as you can see by all the ragged edges.

The egg was very creamy, both the white and the yolk were very tasty and both had a nice texture.

1683964547_SVEggOpen.thumb.jpg.b12ed02a616d7a2acc68b68642666b3c.jpg

Purple crack added. :smt060

88762550_PurpleCrackAdded.thumb.jpg.97f7560895e70cc8fe94a14bd177e993.jpg

65158642_SousVideEggOpened.thumb.jpg.3ad9aad3a6ee00206379cc9169c5b3e7.jpg

Next up, SV coffee. :coffee2:

• Like 7

I did the coffee and I was very surprised by the taste. I used the same coffee as I use for espresso except that I changed the grind. It turned out to be very smooth and had what I thought was caramel flavour. Might be better for ice coffee. :coffee2: 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

I did the coffee and I was very surprised by the taste. I used the same coffee as I use for espresso except that I changed the grind. It turned out to be very smooth and had what I thought was caramel flavour. Might be better for ice coffee. :coffee2: 

Details, please??

Might have to give the air fryer bacon idea a run for it. 

Thanks, Bruce. I think I'll try airfrying the bacon tomorrow at a lower temp just to see what happens. I might try 350 F for 8 mins. ;) I had another SV egg this morning and it was just as good as the first one.:)

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1