tony b

Another Nice Box from Down Under

Picked up a box from Aussie this morning loaded with tasty stuff! Excited to jump in and try them all. And scope out the recipes in the mag. 

20180810_121026.thumb.jpg.4f508e9def4f1b4aa3e749d290773af6.jpg

20180810_121100.thumb.jpg.509a165003e9a113be59e444180ebe7e.jpg

Funny, but the Chicken Salt is the thing that caught my eye immediately! But, you know me and my hot sauce, so this one's going to get a sampling pretty quickly.

20180810_121116.thumb.jpg.f7248b7672226e11cb956e71376bee9a.jpg

Gotta sample and ponder what to do with the smoked honey, too? 

Thanks, Aussie!!! This is gonna be fun! 

• Like 5

I enjoyed looking through it; it's very similar to the one that our supermarket puts out periodically. I loved that all the recipes are metric and the Aussie names for various products. From conversations on here, and other past sources, I suss'ed out most of it. Example, in the salad recipe it called for "rocket," which I know that's what we call arugula. 

• Like 2

I enjoyed looking through it; it's very similar to the one that our supermarket puts out periodically. I loved that all the recipes are metric and the Aussie names for various products. From conversations on here, and other past sources, I suss'ed out most of it. Example, in the salad recipe it called for "rocket," which I know that's what we call arugula. 
That's great tony. Once you suss out the names it's pretty straight forward like we call bell peppers capsicum. And celantro is coriander. They put out some nice recipes for a free supermarket magazine

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Our supermarket does something very similar - even the layout and photography is similar. Must be a template somewhere that they all follow, or they all hire the same production company. 
Have you tried the plum sauce yet interested in your thoughts my butcher just got another local in that he reckons is even hotter lol

I've taste tested the chicken salt and tried it on a couple of things, just not fries yet. I typically don't make a lot of "chips."

So, I broke out the plum hot sauce today. I did a batch of spring rolls in the air fryer and used it for dipping sauce. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! I should have read the label first before I dunked a roll in it. It's made with scorpion peppers - 2nd only in heat to ghost peppers, and just barely. Within a minute, my nose was running and the top of my head began to sweat. If there's plum in this stuff, you sure don't taste it because of the heat! I mixed it with some of the Kakadu plum sauce to knock it down to bearable. That was an hour ago and I can still taste some of it lingering in my mouth. My tongue still hasn't forgiven me yet! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I've taste tested the chicken salt and tried it on a couple of things, just not fries yet. I typically don't make a lot of "chips."
So, I broke out the plum hot sauce today. I did a batch of spring rolls in the air fryer and used it for dipping sauce. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! I should have read the label first before I dunked a roll in it. It's made with scorpion peppers - 2nd only in heat to ghost peppers, and just barely. Within a minute, my nose was running and the top of my head began to sweat. If there's plum in this stuff, you sure don't taste it because of the heat! I mixed it with some of the Kakadu plum sauce to knock it down to bearable. That was an hour ago and I can still taste some of it lingering in my mouth. My tongue still hasn't forgiven me yet! 
Lol lucky I sent you some kakadu plum .you said you like hot this stuff is of the Richter scale .you get a plum taste for 1 second . First ckreef with the pineapple express and now you I'm going to have no mates left lol

• Haha 1

Surprised it made through customs and to your door without blowing up....Knowing how Aussie likes everything on the volatile side
Dead easy you let everything in .on an open crate .you can't throw charcoal in on an Aussie delivery and the grill has to be fumigated and sealed before it rocks up here.lol it amazes me how bio security seems to be lacking

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:14 AM, Aussie Ora said:

Dead easy you let everything in .on an open crate .you can't throw charcoal in on an Aussie delivery and the grill has to be fumigated and sealed before it rocks up here.lol it amazes me how bio security seems to be lacking

We've paid the price, too. Lots of invasive species - plants and insects, wreaking havoc on our environment. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:02 AM, Aussie Ora said:

Lol they talked the talk but could not walk the walk lol. Seriously this stuff sounds sweet and inocent. But beware take care lol

I do have a fairly high tolerance for hot stuff, but I wasn't expecting this to be a wicked hot as it turned out. I just used too much on the spring rolls. Most folks would have probably chundered after eating this stuff! :smt043

Edited by tony b