Pequod

Crowd Cow

I usually get my pastured meats at my local farmers’ market, but have tried Crowd Cow for a few things and not been disappointed yet. Prices are typical for pastured meats, which is to say they are much higher than grocery store CAFO’d meat prices. They also offer wild, Alaskan Seafood on occasion as well. Have had their black cod, which was fantastically buttery, and copper river salmon, which was also terrific. If interested in trying, I *think* this link gets you a $35 credit, and me a credit as well (feel free to bypass and go direct...really not trying to finagle a credit out of you for myself).

https://www.crowdcow.com/l/uodwen7du

If anyone tries it, would be interested in your review.

Edited by Pequod

Yup See @Basher‘s definition of CAFO. Crowd Cow sells Wagyu, 100% grass fed & finished, and grass fed/grain finished beef. I prefer the latter. In particular, they sell from specific farms that are “local” (meaning within a few states usually) to you. 

I prefer my farmers’ market, but have used CC on occasion. I really like that their cuts are somewhat standard and uniform — seems to be what they require of the farms they work with. Whereas the farmers’ market cuts can be a bit random at times, like a rack of “spare ribs” that weighs only 1 lb, or the tenderloin the pork guy sold me which was clearly a loin. 

• Thanks 1

Just a brief update -- I went to the CC website and it looks like the code I posted above is good only through September. That said, I'm pretty sure there's a new customer discount available anytime, but I have no idea what it is. So...either way you should be able to find a discount code for your first order.