Curly

Ribeyes on Saturday

Well, I cooked a couple of ribeyes on Saturday. The temp was taking a long long time to climb so I pulled the bottom damper out and we had a mountain of dust down there. So I raked it out (man that's so much easyier being able to drag it right out) and the temp started to climb like normal.

I let it get to about 700 and put the 2 ribeyes on there and walked inside to set the timer on 4 minutes. So when the timer went off I went back and it was on 200 degrees again. Well, I forgot I had everything wide wide open because the temp wasn't climbing...so it was really on about 1000 or so. So I flipped the steaks and shut er down and just let it dwell for about 4 minutes on the second side.

That's some good steaks man. See that bowl of green stuff on the side, I've never been able to figure out what that's for, I reckon it's a garnesh or somethin but it shore looks purdy setting there by the beef don't it. I hate it we always throw it away after the meal but I've let them sit overnight a few times to see if they would make the next meal more colorful but they get all wilty and all, so we just make new ones for each meal...people says it's what the city folk do all the time.

That ole knife is a Forgecraft hi-carbon knife. Sharpens up razor sharp with any of those drag-through sharpeners. I wouldn't trade it for one of those fancy Japanese things I've heard so much about. Well, mostly cause it's been in the family so long and I know of at least 2 people that's been killed with it. :lol: Yeah, those are some memories there man.

100_1866.jpg

100_1868.jpg

Re: Man that hurts

not the knife or country folklore stories about killing some hatfields or some other such ramblings but that steak!!!!

Man, my favorite cut and it looks cooked to perfection!! Well done! (errrr. medium rare rather)

That's funny man, cause I was good friends with a McCoy when I was in the service. And I lived awhile in Pike county Kentucky where that feud took place.

And yep, that steak was a dang good one.

Re: Doctors mess up a good story

You read they did studies, and found out the feud was prolly because of a genetic condition that the McCoys had?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17967965/

Shoot, that's just doctor mumbo-jumbo. Part a that feud (and it got re-triggered a hundred times after times of peace) was over a pig. Somebody was getting the KK hot and he couldn't find his pig, when he did, one a his mortal enemies was eaten it in a bbq samich :twisted:

I reckon they didn't call that man Devil Anse fer nothin.

Rage desease, sheesh man, ever thing is a desease now, nobody ever has to be accountable for anything they do anymore cause they had a desease :roll:

I do suspect corn likure had something to do with some of it ;)

Since you bring up feuds, my lineage includes a nice one, too.

My cousin did much research on his geneology, and in talking one day, he told me of the Greene-Jones War, which happened in Northeastern TN in the 1890s. That was my Moms side of the family.

I read the story and newspaper accounts from some of his various books, and the whole thing started over one of the Greene's hogs eating most of the Jones corn mash from the still. The "war" lasted several years.

I think one of the most entertaining of the news stories was when on one morning, a bunch of members of one clan circled a house of the other clan, and ordered them to send out the women and childred so they could get to the business of battle. The article said over 3000 shots were fired that morning, but only a couple of people were actually shot.

Now since that is in my genetics...I wonder if it could be a viable defense for starting a war with RJ over my cracked up POSK :lol: