Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
DennisLinkletter

New High Temp Hot face Finish

The guys at Harbinson Walker came up with a process and new material that enables us to fill bubbles on the refractory hot face..

As we all know the white cosmetic plaster we've been using eventually flakes and peels off.. This is fused to the hot face with heat in the factory..

I like the color also..

KK-Newlining.jpg

KK-Newlining2.jpg

KK-Newlining3.jpg

Can it be applied after a grill has left the factory?

Can it be used to repair damage or cracks?

Nothin can help that product you have from Another Company, FM. NUTHIN. Not even Harbison Walker magic elixir...

You got it..

I am afraid you are correct, but I was asking since I have a KK that just arrived, and therefore just missed having this nice lotion smoothing its interior complexion. I figured since I hadn't used it yet maybe i could put it on myself 8)

I'm in the same boat FM. The inside of my KK looks just like yours only seasoned. :D My sense is that any KK could have this applied to the interior once the interior was properly prepared (cleaned). However, having seen the construction of the KK up close and personal like, this coating appears more cosmetic than anything. I'll bet you can't tell the difference between the inside of my/your KK and the newly coated units after about a dozen cooks!

Now put that bad boy to work for you! I'm curious to see what your first cook will be! :D

So I guess I clicked edit instead of quote..

It didnt go anywhere....you edited it into my post rather than making a post of your own :lol:

Gotta start wearing my glasses..

So I guess I clicked edit instead of quote..

Better drink my coffee before I get on too!

;);)

I wondered what FM was talkin about. I mean, MY complexion would not benefit from Harbison Walker magic elixir... So, FM wouldn't need to bag it and send it to ME.

Somehow, I think it would look a bit contrived, what with my dark hair and all...

Dennis' lack of coffee (and glasses) explains much... :happy8:

I wondered what FM was talkin about. I mean, MY complexion would not benefit from Harbison Walker magic elixir... So, FM wouldn't need to bag it and send it to ME.

Somehow, I think it would look a bit contrived, what with my dark hair and all...

Dennis' lack of coffee (and glasses) explains much... :happy8:

Ditto!!! I'm too glad that's cleared up, I wondered the same thing. :D

Sanny don't need no Harbison Walker for her complexion for sure! :smt054

Re: New High Temp Hot face Finish

You got it.. I'll bag some up and send it out to you..

Is that M64?

:wink:

But seriously... does this have to be applied to a pristine cooker or could it be used to clean up/seal something a bit... older?

Re: New High Temp Hot face Finish

You got it.. I'll bag some up and send it out to you..

Is that M64?

:wink:

But seriously... does this have to be applied to a pristine cooker or could it be used to clean up/seal something a bit... older?

I'll have to ask the HW guys.. But I'd assume you would need to do some benign degreasing first...

If adhesion is anything like paint, adhesives, etc. scratching the surface goes a long way too (sand paper).

But, I'll let Dennis address that; just an idea/thought.

What is the bent SS rod at the bottom - a new way to support the gas burner?

Yep. The ends of the rod poke down into some sleeves it the bottom of the grill. Its removable if you dont have gas.