ckreef

SV Fried Chicken

This is a post on the Guru forum but I thought those of you who do SV would really appreciate the nature of this post.

The OP is a long time member of the Guru and a really great kamado chef. Check it out - you'll like it.

Note: would have cut and pasted the original text direct but that doesn't work right when I'm on my smartphone.

http://www.kamadoguru.com/index.php?/topic/25389-Sous-Vide-Fried-Chicken-WOW

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

sv makes tough meat tender. But it looks lik crap. To look good and be "grill" tasty it must be seared. Other than tough to tender it is best used by resturanrts to serve many a the same time. You will not get that old time taste without the old time cook. At least I can not.

Chicken is the one thing that I haven't done yet. But, this has it high on my list to try soon! 

Like MacKenzie mentioned, I LOVE shrimp done SV. Planning on doing a batch for Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow night. One bag for peel & eat (just sprinkled with Old Bay and/or Plowboys Fin & Feather), and another bag for scampi (lots of butter, powdered roasted garlic, splash of white wine, and parsley in the SV bag, to go over pasta alfredo, with a side of sauteed spinach and a bottle of bubbly).