Terrablue22NC

Hello from Charlotte N.C.

So... this thing definitely lives up to its Beast name when moving it. Gathered up some help and moved from the garage around the house. It’s now sitting in a temporary home, while the outdoor kitchen is being built. 

I do have a question for the group. I will have to move it again into its final resting spot. Do you think I can leave the white moving cradle under it while cooking? I do not want to remove it from underneath unless it’s absolutely necessary. This thing is no joke to toss around. I am worried about heat and the structural integrity of the straps. I would like do go ahead and start cooking on my next day off though. I would also like to do a burn in before it’s harder to get all the way around for inspection. Any thoughts? 

7A4D348D-074E-4BAC-951E-0CD7E1C22547.jpeg

419C124F-7363-4E8F-B4CE-B4644FDAD5BE.jpeg

• Like 6

It is stunning.

Personally I would remove those straps especially if you want to do the burn in or any high temperature cooks. I think if you work at it carefully you will be able to safely remove the straps with 2 people. Do it carefully and don't tip it too much. Sure don't want it to fall over. Slowly but surely I do think you can get it done.

9 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

It is stunning.

Personally I would remove those straps especially if you want to do the burn in or any high temperature cooks. I think if you work at it carefully you will be able to safely remove the straps with 2 people. Do it carefully and don't tip it too much. Sure don't want it to fall over. Slowly but surely I do think you can get it done.

Thank you so much. Yeah I think it can be done as well but returning it to it’s place for pickup again would will be even harder. 

7 hours ago, Basher said:

It looks terrific terra.
Conundrum knowing you will move it again.
What’s your estimated time for the ODK?
I think this is a question for Dennis. Maybe ok for lower heat cooks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Yeah I was thinking low cooks would probably be ok. The burn in with access around is needed as well though. I am looking at about 3 to 4 weeks because of some construction delays. Who ever heard of those little problems. 😮

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Terrablue22NC said:

I am looking at about 3 to 4 weeks because of some construction delays. Who ever heard of those little problems. 😮

As the old saying goes, "How do you know when your contractor is lying to you? Their lips are moving!" 🤣

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 2:31 PM, Terrablue22NC said:

I do have a question for the group. I will have to move it again into its final resting spot. Do you think I can leave the white moving cradle under it while cooking? I do not want to remove it from underneath unless it’s absolutely necessary. This thing is no joke to toss around. I am worried about heat and the structural integrity of the straps. I would like do go ahead and start cooking on my next day off though. I would also like to do a burn in before it’s harder to get all the way around for inspection. Any thoughts? 

@Terrablue22NC  I have a 19TT and a 16TT, both are sitting on a thin rubber mat on a pull cart.  Have done 500* pizza cooks with no issues with the rubber melting.  I believe your straps would be fine to leave under the KK.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon B. said:

@Terrablue22NC  I have a 19TT and a 16TT, both are sitting on a thin rubber mat on a pull cart.  Have done 500* pizza cooks with no issues with the rubber melting.  I believe your straps would be fine to leave under the KK.  

Thank you so much for the real world experience. I have seen your grills and love the pair. Hopefully I will be posting first cook pictures soon

Edited by Terrablue22NC
  • Like 2