leejp

Can't access the website via Firefox... Anyone else?

Can't access the website via Firefox... Anyone else?

I have had the same issues. I have had to use IE for this site. After reading your post, I tried Firefox again. Lately it hung up on opening the site, but this time did reach the forum. However, when I tried opening the folder for this thread, it hung up again. I would give you the version, but I will have to restart my computer before Firefox will function again. I have done all the updates for my plug-ins as well. If memory serves, this started about 2 weeks ago.

Will

Re: We are up on a new server now..

I was getting free hosting from one of the forum members.. but now I'm on my own box.. Maybe it will help.. maybe the new long over due open source Joomla based website will be more browser friendly too..

:wink::wink:

I have noticed the forum is much faster loading for me since your switch to the new server.

-=Jasen=-

Brilliant!

I had a Java issue with firefox once, which would cause long delays when loading the site. I had to go into my control panel and set Java to NOT load the java console. Y'all might want to check that your java is up to date and configured properly. I haven't had any trouble since.

:?

That did it! Thanks!

I'm playing catch-up here. I too can not access the forum/KK website using my work PC. Interesting though; this morning I'm sitting in the hospital waiting for my grandson to arrive, using their wireless and my personal computer and everything is fine.

Must have someting to do with the move. No doubt at the office, PC/routers/etc. have more security things in place than here using my personal laptop. But, for what ever it's worth, it's not so tight at the office that we can't access most public forums.

The problem/concern I see with changing settings for one site is, will it inadvertantly cause problems with another?