jeffshoaf

Turn, turn, turn...

I was looking for a rotisserie for my Santa Maria grill and, per usual, I went overboard with a spit rated at 125 lb along with a fire pit and drip tray. They threw in their fireplace mounting kit; I hope to use that to mount the rotisserie to my grill. Hope to spin a chicken some time next week.

Its made in and shipped from Germany; I ordered over the weekend and received it today. 

https://r-grill.com/

PXL_20231026_212339115.jpg

Edited by jeffshoaf
  • Like 2

Portable, I mean you could set that above the fire pit and have good results. Interested in how you set it up to the Santa Maria. You might need some extra forks to sit in the belly if you do a pig and they always come in handy for other things, you have the room 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Portable, I mean you could set that above the fire pit and have good results. Interested in how you set it up to the Santa Maria. You might need some extra forks to sit in the belly if you do a pig and they always come in handy for other things, you have the room 

It came with two additional sets of forks that are double ended (prongs pointing in both directions), so I can secure 3 chunks or have an inner and outer fork on each end of a pig. I'll probably order two more of the double ended forks so I can spin 5 chickens or turkeys at the same time. They're also supposed to be working on baskets; when I asked about them, they indicated the baskets were big so the may be good for ribs or other large flat cuts that would be difficult to put on the spit.

I figured out a temporary mount for my grill this morning; this will be at a fixed height, but should suffice until I get some brackets fabricated to attach to the grate mounts. I have some different clamps ordered for the temporary mount since the ones I had on hand really aren't appropriate for this.PXL_20231027_143000374.thumb.jpg.63a0923b93ec0c6d12ce2e620c9fe271.jpg

• Like 2

That's great Jeff, you'll be spinning bigtime soon. I see the motor just outside the perimeter wall, it is a fragile component and subject to heat, unlike the KK having the motor mounted outside it might be a concern for a deflector plate maybe. Spinning the entree' is definitely a game changer and a sight to watch, I'm sure you have a good plan.....nice foliage. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 9:56 PM, Tyrus said:

That's great Jeff, you'll be spinning bigtime soon. I see the motor just outside the perimeter wall, it is a fragile component and subject to heat, unlike the KK having the motor mounted outside it might be a concern for a deflector plate maybe. Spinning the entree' is definitely a game changer and a sight to watch, I'm sure you have a good plan.....nice foliage. 

I have plenty of spit to work with so I hope to move the motor further outside the fire box when I work out a better mount. 

Edited by jeffshoaf
  • Like 2