Cheesehead_Griller

Mobilizing a 32BB

I really want to find a way to transport and move my 32BB. I'd like to build some sort of frame structure for it to sit on/in with large golf cart sized wheels. My goal would be to load it on a trailer so I can take it places. With the basic wheels I don't feel comfortable moving it more than a few feet to clean around it. 

Unfortunately, a 19 table top in the back of the car won't work. I need to get my 32 up and moving :) 

Edited by Cheesehead_Griller

I believe the standard wheels are 4 inch, but use a standard castor bolt pattern. You may be able to unbolt the existing wheels and replace them with something larger like this... 

Dennis should be able to add more details on if this is possible. Would be a nice upgrade.

s-l1600.png

23 hours ago, Cheesehead_Griller said:

I'm thinking something like this but after 10 doses of steroids :)  Stainless platform, 2" tube for frame, large golf cart style wheels, etc.. Would be very nice.

you can make a custom pallet built around the feet of the 32 and load it on an all-terrain pallet jack. i believe you can tow this on an atv. but the terrain needs to be flat. inclines/declines will be trouble. 

image.thumb.png.3a852c84de44a3f5f1d0d946eb7866fb.png

On 12/13/2023 at 8:12 PM, David Chang said:

you can make a custom pallet built around the feet of the 32 and load it on an all-terrain pallet jack. i believe you can tow this on an atv. but the terrain needs to be flat. inclines/declines will be trouble. 

The footprint is too large. Ive considered it :) Imagine a KK in the center of this

image.png.9d7a90f7937c4895819937f3bc0fc060.png

• Haha 3

On 12/12/2023 at 7:47 PM, AAAsh said:

I believe the standard wheels are 4 inch, but use a standard castor bolt pattern. You may be able to unbolt the existing wheels and replace them with something larger like this... 

IMG_3258.thumb.jpeg.ee69376020ebf49a138f73b8ab8e2c9b.jpeg

IMG_3259.thumb.jpeg.93bafdb39944fb339e0337384c80477b.jpeg

IMG_3261.thumb.jpeg.2d8f3a6f97f0fe0990f64a601893fef0.jpeg

Hoo boy, a question dear to my heart. After building dedicated shelves elsewhere for my extruded lump charcoal museum (I have each generation of "evil empire" and of Dennis charcoal) I built a sled for wood scraps, to slide into the space I'd freed up. My neighbor is a master woodworker, and I get great scraps.

A wheel's a wheel, right? I could hardly move my first draft. There are specs for the weight a wheel can handle, and wheels move easily when they're way under max load.

(What's amusing is like the online "sagulator" for sag calculations, there are online calculators to predict how much weight a screw can handle before pulling out. My wheel boxes are entirely held in place by screws resisting being pulled straight out, and this design is generously overbuilt.)

I can move this sled fully loaded with my big toe. Wheel size and construction matters.

Edited by Syzygies
  • Like 1