DennisLinkletter

New KK Video -Smoking Meat With The KK Smoke Generator

It's been a long, painful recovery from my torn rotator surgery..
Tore the muscle not the tenon so it was MUCH more challenging. Two months in a sling, three months of terrible no-sleep nights, lost 7 kilos..  Argh and double Argh.
Back on my feet and starting up video production again.

First one:
Smoking Meat With The Komodo Kamado Smoke Generator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJsesndfbUE&t=307s

• Like 5

Dennis,

Glad to hear you are recovering well from your rotator cup surgery.

Very good new video.  I also watched the follow-on 20'ish minute video where you detail the construction and functions of the KK.  Another great video.

Question:  The owner's manual may not cover the various ports and stuff built into the KK, but the 20 minute video covers most of them.  My question is what is the large port or slide out gizmo used for?  It is located on the left-bottom side.  I have never used it.  Did not see it covered in any video.

Put this video on your to-do list.   A video showing the ways to properly load the fuel basket and light the KK will be very useful.  That sounds very basic, but I have noticed in this forum some KK owners were lost on how to properly load and light the KK.  The owner's manual briefly addresses lighting charcoal but only discusses what fire starters or appliances to use; but that coverage is not helpful in my opinion.  This basic video is essential because it leads to more enjoyment using the KK when the fire ignites the charcoal effortlessly and provides a hassle-free hot bed of coals which is essential for a good BBQ experience.  If someone can not light the charcoal properly, we always blame the charcoal grill.  Lastly, I feel it is important to emphasize that charcoal should not be stirred around after they are ready.  I read about coal-stirring a few months ago in this forum, and thot someone needs to master the basics.  Just my pet-peeve Dennis.  Master the basics ... inch by inch it is a cinch ... yard by yard its hard.

Thanks and have a good day.

djami