U2PLT

ALERT!!!!

Naked Whiz has test the new long ECL from Kamado and is a must read. I sent him 6 pieces of some that I got that said made in Thailand on the box because I was getting a ton of ashes, and the hexegon pieces that had not finshed burning after shutdown, would just crumble apart when touched in attempt to shake down the ash.

U2Plt, I have your samples, but what I reviewed was the charcoal from Indonesia. As I understand it, Kamado was selling the Thailand charcoal in 2006 until ??? and now they are selling the charcoal from Indonesia. When did you get your charcoal from Thailand? Thanks!

Incidentally, a few minutes ago, I updated the review to visually give an indication of the comparison in the volume of ash produced by the two charcoals (2003/Philipines and 2007/Indonesia), as well as results on the weight of the ash produced.

I forget what country is on my boxes from last year, but the box doesn't have the "Kamado" logo on it. I can check in the light tomorrow.

::Later::

I looked. Doesn't say "Kamado" on the box. Says "Tropical Charcoal." Made in Thailand. So, I must have what Cozy has. Delivered summer 2006.

:::shrug:::

U2Plt,

I salute you. You're the only customer besides the Whiz to post your findings regarding recent charcoal from the Kamado Company.

You may have kept others from being stuck with a potentially substandard product.

Bravo!

BTW #1: U2PLT, based on your post, I'm guessing you're not aware of the Kamado Fraud Forum, where TNW's review and the manufacturer's response have been the subject of considerable hilarity for the past 2&1/2 weeks. You may wish to check out the site: http://www.kamadofraudforum.org/ You may even recognize a few names.

BTW#2: I hope you're not counting on selling your pepper mills via the K forum in the future.

Whiz:

Awesome addendum to your review. Concrete (heh) numbers only strengthen your review's subjective findings.

Bravo x 2!

FYI.

My father (U2PLT) and I purchased some of the lump that NakedWhiz tested and the funny thing is we got it in November of 2006 and the box says "Made in Thailand"...NakedWhiz box says "Made in Indonesia" What is up with that? The product looks the same as what he tested and it behaves the same.

My experience with this lump has been...lots of ash, short burn time, and lots of smoke. The old lump was great...the newer stuff doesn't even compare.

KamadoLump002.jpg

FYI.

My father (U2PLT) and I purchased some of the lump that NakedWhiz tested and the funny thing is we got it in November of 2006 and the box says "Made in Thailand"...NakedWhiz box says "Made in Indonesia" What is up with that? The product looks the same as what he tested and it behaves the same.

My experience with this lump has been...lots of ash, short burn time, and lots of smoke. The old lump was great...the newer stuff doesn't even compare.

KamadoLump002.jpg

You still have point #7... "100% satisfaction guarantee"!! :D

i'm always dang happy with my Royal Oak lump! got 10# bags for 3.50-something at wally world yesterday! nice. only lump i generally get is RO or Cowboy. both do what i need.

folks need to work on their technique and not worry about the charcoal, for crying out loud. i get 20-30 hour burns on my RO all the time, cowboy too.

i'm always dang happy with my Royal Oak lump! got 10# bags for 3.50-something at wally world yesterday! nice. only lump i generally get is RO or Cowboy. both do what i need.

folks need to work on their technique and not worry about the charcoal, for crying out loud. i get 20-30 hour burns on my RO all the time, cowboy too.

You're prolly just jealous cause when you called and ordered they refused to sell to PORKCHOP ha ha ha ha.

Just kidding man, all I use is RO too, so I have no idear. Sometimes ignorance is bliss :D

I use royal oak also, for what it's worth, a 40lb bag will burn for 8 hours in my pig roaster, without adding coals, and we could use the leftover coals to cook burgers the next day.(but we usally have so much pork left over we don't). VERY happy with the RO. PC, thats a great price ! I pay around $4 wholesale! Think I'll say something to my supplier next time!

That was for a 100-120lb hog by the way.

I use royal oak also, for what it's worth, a 40lb bag will burn for 8 hours in my pig roaster, without adding coals, and we could use the leftover coals to cook burgers the next day.(but we usally have so much pork left over we don't). VERY happy with the RO. PC, thats a great price ! I pay around $4 wholesale! Think I'll say something to my supplier next time!

That was for a 100-120lb hog by the way.

Porkchops price at Walmart is for a 10lb bag. So if you are getting a 40lb bag for $4, we wanna buy from you???? hehe BTW, that is the main charcoal I use too. Ridiculous to pay a huge shipping bill for other charcoal when RO does a great job and I have never had to add to a cook either.

-=Jasen=-