Saucier

Slicing & dicing

Well as stated, don't have a KK yet.. Still using other stuff to get by. So on Saturday, got the old Weber pot going and did a top sirloin & a pork loin. Had some of each for dinner, then chilled the left overs overnight in the fridge and ran them through the slicer, before portioning out into 4 oz packages for lunches for the week!

Here are the roasts.

roasts.jpg

Here they are sliced! MMmmmMMMmmm

sliced.jpg

And last but not least, all portioned out!!! Lets you take your BBq on the road, and you can even eat it out of the baggie without getting your finners dirty & while driving!

portions.jpg

And thats how I be rollin on a Sunday afternoon!!

Uh huh

Yes they are seasoned, with my own rub (heavily). I like spicy. I usually also bard the beef with garlic, and inject the pork loin with Frank's hot sauce.

Those weights in the roasts work out right over briquettes. 1 full chimney of (kingsfords, sorry I am just getting into god charcoal). Burn em up to a nice coat of ash, dump on one side of the Weber for indirect.

BBQ for 1 hour 20 minutes which gave me 160 on the pork loin, and 125 on the beef. They both came up 5 degrees on the rest. Both were just fantastic! And done at the same time.

The Q was still hot, so the wife roasted some chile's for a batch of salsa. Then I shut down the vents to save a bit of charcoal for next time.

The next night I did a batch of Jerk chicken breasts, used 15 serranos (with seeds) in the marinade. They were great too!! HOT!

What do you like brewing up?

Slicer

I think its called a chefmate. I had the 80 dollar ones before, and had nothing but trouble.. I saved my pennies and my DEAR wife let me get one at the local restaurant supply joint.

Nice uniform slices at the thickness you choose.

Kind of nice as you know exactly whats in your cold cuts, not some chemically induced potion to make it swell up!

Oooh a slicer..

Being stranded in a third world country leaves one with out many options when buying something like this. Low income families just don't buy slicers so the only ones available are the big ol' stainless ones for supermarkets and cost $500 and up.. I want sliced meat but not that badly.. My staff has been been calling the used equipment shops for about three months now.. I'll get one some day..

:roll:;)

Hey Dennis

Not sure how much shipping would run to Indonesia, but I have one of these and it does a great job. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... &noImage=0

Still expensive, but not quite as much as the bigger commercial jobs.

Though if I had to do it all over again (or had found this one first), I would buy it: http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.asp?P ... rodID=1163

-=Jasen=-

Re: Oooh a slicer..

I could always fedex you some on dry ice... No lemme see,, what was that price we were discussing :)

Being stranded in a third world country leaves one with out many options when buying something like this. Low income families just don't buy slicers so the only ones available are the big ol' stainless ones for supermarkets and cost $500 and up.. I want sliced meat but not that badly.. My staff has been been calling the used equipment shops for about three months now.. I'll get one some day..

:roll:;)