billyg

another satisfied customer

Although I havn't received my new otb supreme in Vibrant Blue, dealing with Dennis has been outstanding. Customer service at its finest!!!! Payment is very easy and the transaction went very smoothe !!! I will admit it is very nerveracking to send money to someone you havn't met before and who is on theohter side of the world. However, it couldn't have been better. If anyone has or had any doubts, let me assure you things will be just fine and you will be completely satisfied. Thanks again Dennis for all your help answering all of my questions and other people's questions. Top notch experience all the way.

Regards,

Bill Gerardi

gerard

Hey Gerard,

I can't tell if you are a friend or a foe by all your sarcasm. If you are a friend to Dennis and this forum, it would be great if you allowed people to answer the questions who were addressed in the original post. It would give more credibility to this forum which would help Dennis out alot so that once all questions are answered he doesn't have to spend hours returning e-mails. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it seems you answer or respond to every post and it is a waste of alot of peoples times who are trying to get as much info from this forum as possible. I have been using cereamics for numerous years and have a #7 from Kamado (rj) and have been very unhappy with the quality so that is why I am here. I apologize if I misinterpreted your tone and sentiment, and if you are being sarcastic is a positve way than I can handle it.

BillyG.

Crap, this is the third time I'm gonna have to apologize for the same offense... I guess I ought to make it part of my signature:

I'm sorry I came across as a jerk. I didn't mean to offend but I've got a history of making an ass out of myself here.

But this apology made me realize that I really do have an agenda... which I'll try to explain in a couple of hours when I've got the time to word it properly.

Anyway, sorry. I need to pay attention to how I come across.

First off, I don't blame anyone for looking to say positive things about a relatively new company that we are all rooting for and I know no one recalls electing me defender of this forum's integrity.

But here's what I hope for this forum:

I hope that Dennis' business practices never reduce it to a band of sycophants that struggle daily to post meaningless praise. The respectable companies do not have forums filled with gleeful fans who rejoice when the company answers the phone, responds to an email, ships a doodad, delivers a cooker, doesn't charge a credit card until an item is shipped, or ships a bag of unlabeled powder so they can happily repair their broken cooker with the lifetime guarantee.

The fans at BGE, Primo, and Grill Dome expect to be treated properly and are not compelled to announce whenever they are treated appropriately.

Combined with a policy that precludes dissatisfied OWNERS from posting their concerns, boot licking toadies make a wonderful cover for fraudulent business.

I know Dennis shares my hope for the forum. I just hope I learn to stop offending people before he kicks me off of it.

Obnoxiously filled with self righteous indignation, I am,

Gerard

Well, there is a little bit of posting praise on the other forums sometimes. Primo used to have sorry customer service. Sounds like they took care of it by hiring a guy to take care of it. So there used to be some back and forth on the BGE and Primo forums about customer service. And of course, now and then folks just like to share the joy of getting good service. Just FWIW....

gerard-

without just being able to sit down and chat over good q for hours, i really _do_ think i understand to an extent.

people react in many different ways to the same situation. like me, but to an even greater extent, you have suffered the consequences of dealing with a disreputable person/business based on the overabundant worship of other customers.

as a result, you are generally very circumspect (not an unhealthy approach). also, some of the enthusiasm evidenced by others on this board (ahem) starts to send up "red flags". very understandable.

to be clear, let me speak purely for myself. i am an "enthusiastic" individual in general. i was enthusiastic about my #7; i'm enthusiastic about my OTB (in transit). please don't try to read any "ulterior motives" into it. you might question my enthusiasm given my personal track record. given enough time, i could give you an account of why i believe THIS TIME, things are different. i could try to persuade you that THIS TIME, my enthusiasm has basis, and is not misplaced.

if you'd like, i'd be happy to sit and write for a little bit, and send that off to you.

i sure don't bear you any ill will for the "leg humping" comments, altho i do know that some think it is in poor taste. i have a sense of humor; if i didn't, i truly believe my ribs would punish me and be tough :D

i believe that your posts are a heartfelt attempt to prevent this forum becoming what the kamado forum is today. i respect that. but i do think that folks who have an enthusiastic response to their treatment here should be allowed a "whoopie" on this board without receiving a follow-up to temper that genuine sentiment.

it may have been a long time since they've been treated nicely. it may be welcome relief from really crummy service received elsewhere. whatever the reason, it may be a little bit unfair to attribute their reaction to sycophan... sickofan... uh, slavish worship.

i think i know why you post this stuff, and why you are good and ready to turn the hose on us *ahem* leg-humpers. i'm sure you're heart is totally in the right place. every heard needs a shepherd, sheep, an enthusiastic ram, and a circumspect sheepdog.

Yeah, it's kinda different over here, I think people really DO know that this place is not like the other place.

It's true that there aren't oodles and oodles of these cookers out there that have been cooking for years and years, but the other place does have oodles and oodles, so that, in itself isn't a Green flag to write the check. But here's a few differences I've noticed about the way Dennis does business.

1. Dennis has worked with me by phone to help me figure out how I can get a cooker (since I'm strapped financially). I may be getting one that was damaged by shipping, at a discount because I'll be doing some work on it. And I don't pay unless I can fix it to my satisfaction.

2. Dennis has a successful business with a good track record.

3. Dennis has sent new cookers to people when their's were damaged...just to use til they got the new one. And taken a financial hit in the process....just to keep the customer happy.

4. Dennis has made more improvements on an already really good product (in 2 years) than was made in the product since the early 60's, or whenever RJ started making them in Japan to begin with.

None of these are proof that this business will be around to make good the LIFE TIME warranty, but there's never gonna be a way to know that's gonna happen. We all know that the K is a good product that should last for many many years, and I believe that the new improved KK should even out do that. We've seen where Dennis has already made good on warrenties and replaced things that weren't even warrentied...without a big forum fight to get it done.

Anyway, it always takes faith to be able to write a large check for any car, house, or product of any kind. Nobodies gonna blame anyone for waiting around a few years until this forum gets full and there are KK cookers all over to be viewed in person. I feel like I have the peace of mind that warrents the trust in Dennis already...hey, but I've been wrong before so don't go by my peace of mind. Wait until you get yours.

Ok, ok, - Freakn Oprah Show!

Dudes, this is seriously enough of the touchy, feely stuff. I freakn feel like I am reading a transcript of the Oprah show around here (or worse yet - the other forum - hahahah). :roll: Now everyone hike up a leg, piss on each others shoes :shock: and be done with it so we can get on with the recipes, pics and most importantly talking Dennis into making cool shit for us!! :lol: Was this in poor taste - probably, do I care - probably not, was it funny - hell yes! :P

-=Jasen=-

!!

I ain't been publicing it too much yet as I am scared to jinx it. But yeah, it will be gone tonight! So I guess I will have to resort to El Smokey Joe for my grilling pleasures - hehe - it is a "totally" (like that word Curly - hehe) ripped Smokey Joe on steroids! I'll have to post a pic shortly - hehe.

-=Jasen=-