Sanny

Naked Whiz review of Another Manufacturer's extruded

I used this brand on my first low and slow. It was an overnight, and I thought I must be really inept if I couldn't keep the fire burning overnight. It went out sometime in the night, and I had to add fuel to get the cooking done. The bottom of the cooker was full of ash, too.

While I may have, indeed, been inept, it appears it wasn't all my fault!

There's some comfort in that, I suppose.

I have no doubts that your problems were this poor quality charcoal. I have never seen a charcoal that couldn't maintain 400 degrees with a BBQ Guru 10CFM blower going full blast. It made the charcoal unusable in my opinion. The ash would build up on the individual briquettes so rapidly that it insulated the briquettes and prevented the fire from heating the cooking chamber as hot as it should. Truly bizarre stuff.

The post count should increase with each post shouldn't it? How often does it tally the posts?

Oh I see it did the same for me....

Majestic wrote: shes a little chatter box.

Maybe we should have a word counter...Syzy is looking like the odds on favorite for that award! :eek::D...He definitely will take words with most syllables.

I'm all for Dennis making the best charcoal he can, for critical low & slow cooks. I still have some of my hoard of 2004 K CEL charcoal. It was great stuff, apparently not to appear at that quality under that brand again. I fill my car with Lazzari oak lump from their SF factory for general use, but I'd pay whatever Dennis asked for something trumping 2004 CEL for critical uses.

...Syzy is looking like the odds on favorite for that award!
I'm really rather shy, it's just that I took typing lessons...

Oooo.... Sanny. You're coming around and getting all militant. It's quite becoming.

No no. Not militant. Just after I read Whizzy's review, I realized that it might not have been entirely my fault that my first low and slow had so much trouble. Sort of a relief, really... :)

Hard to argue with a Whizzy review, though, isn't it? So darn THOROUGH! When there's something good to say, he says it just as loudly as when there isn't.