DennisLinkletter

First Peek @ the new KK 19.5" OTB

Re: I would go for a camping size one too

Wow, Sanny, its like seeing you nekkid.. :smt041

PS.... Sanny is back!! woo - hoo :wink: I mean dogs are OK and all... But this avtar is much more spectacular! :smt060

Thanks, Saucy. :) I think Firemonkey is the only one who saw the brief emergence of a "full face" avatar. I took it down - afraid PC might hurt himself. :wink: lol

:smt041

the best full feature cookers possible

I'm assuming the smaller model keeps the rotisserie as well?

Another vote for a camping size.

Komodo's philosphy is to always build the best full feature cookers possible, I'll never stoop and offer seriously stripped low feature models to try to get into lower price brackets.

So yes, it will have a rotisserie system and be Guru/Stoker ready.

;););)

I hear your vote for a camping size/weight.

Re: the best full feature cookers possible

Komodo's philosphy is to always build the best full feature cookers possible, I'll never stoop and offer seriously stripped low feature models to try to get into lower price brackets.

So yes, it will have a rotisserie system and be Guru/Stoker ready.

;););)

I hear your vote for a camping size/weight.

You know with those few, simple statements that you have me dreaming of battery operated rotisserie goodness while camping now, don't you?

Camping size

Dennis, my birthday is in late June, do you think you could r&d one, and get one ready by then ? I think green would be the best hue for a camping model!! Or maybe variegated greens for a "camo" cooker! And of course misc tans & browns and grays for Day Desert camp cooker!!

Just big enough to get a chicken on, or 1 butt maybe...Maybe with the facility to be able to easily remove the dome for easier transport if necessary. Would be great if it fit in one of the bays in my motorhome!

CNC milled interlocking lip

After waiting 3 weeks to get some time on this machine, I thought some might like to see how we will achieve a perfect airtight seal.

Here is a shot of the new 19.5 OTB's interlocking lip being milled. The cutter is stationary and the table moves, it is movement computer controlled.

KK-19.5cnc.jpg

Dennis - will the metal for the lip be exposed on the new 19.5 OTB? If so, is it being milled to a tolerance that would negate the need for a seal?

Also, I see your challenge in regards to the legs. You want them short and stocky so that they are strong, but wide enough at the base as to avoid tipping the cooker over. Would it make sense to make the bottom of the cooker a little fatter than what was shown in your "first stage" pics? If nothing else, you could fit more lump in the bottom for longer cooks! And you get a wider stance at the base without having skinny legs. Thoughts?

Thanks for sharing!

Re: Camping size

Dennis, my birthday is in late June, do you think you could r&d one, and get one ready by then ? I think green would be the best hue for a camping model!! Or maybe variegated greens for a "camo" cooker! And of course misc tans & browns and grays for Day Desert camp cooker!!

Just big enough to get a chicken on, or 1 butt maybe...Maybe with the facility to be able to easily remove the dome for easier transport if necessary. Would be great if it fit in one of the bays in my motorhome!

I like the camo idea--would look good in deer camp! :shotgun:

I'd fiddle with this idea.. Thanks for the input.

Dennis - will the metal for the lip be exposed on the new 19.5 OTB? If so' date=' is it being milled to a tolerance that would negate the need for a seal? [/quote']

The negotiated tolerance is .5mm. This milled material will be set into the prototype which the mold will be made from. But the actual cookers will have this perfect clamshell fit. I'll probably want the gasket as a cushion to reduce the impact from closing.

Also, I see your challenge in regards to the legs. You want them short and stocky so that they are strong, but wide enough at the base as to avoid tipping the cooker over. Would it make sense to make the bottom of the cooker a little fatter than what was shown in your "first stage" pics? If nothing else, you could fit more lump in the bottom for longer cooks! And you get a wider stance at the base without having skinny legs. Thoughts?

Thanks for sharing!

[/quote:s88acbmi]

Not that I think it would need to hold more lump.. It's a good idea to consider making it wider down below.. The 19.5 is a pretty much a downscaled version of it's big brother.

I'd fiddle with this idea.. Thanks for the input.

:eek::eek:

Dennis - will the metal for the lip be exposed on the new 19.5 OTB? If so' date=' is it being milled to a tolerance that would negate the need for a seal? [/quote']

Yeah, what he said.

Is that true, Dennis? If you've solved the seal/gasket problems that come with all ceramic cookers, you'll be up for a peace prize of some sort.

ROFLMAO, Sanny!

As a former mycologist, I really SHOULD know my molds....

ooo... a mycologist!!!

Hopefully a medical mycologist that is. If so...

As off topic as humanly possible, but since you're here, should I be really pissed that my reference lab refuses to speciate a Trichophyton? I know may other labs speciate without even being asked. It was isolated from an asymptomatic cat but the child it sleeps with has ringworm. Don't think the pediatrician did a culture.

I know Trichophyton is usually from an environmental exposure and not animal borne and that it's just as likely the kid exposed the cat, but I thought a species ID may help exonerate the cat, esp if the pediatrician does his part.

I'm going to raise a really big stink tomorrow unless I find out I'm out of line.

Feel free to answer via pm but I wanted to raise my post count. :oops: