Sanny

Sanny, who knits...

Sanny knits socks...

:)

These are for a dear friend whom I've known since junior high school. He was lamenting how he has only two of the three pairs I knit him several years ago. Nothing as happy as hand knit socks!

PqznPZi.jpg

Next projects, chemo caps for a friend who has breast cancer. First chemo treatment was today, and double mastectomy on April 2. :cry:

Remind the women you love to do self exams (that's how this friend found it, in an early stage), and to get regular mammograms.

Everyone needs an angel' date=' your friend has you. Speedy recovery to her .[/quote']

Thanks, Prime! She's in Minnesota, so someone else will be "angel on site." I'm an internet friend, who knits from afar.

Size 11... I'll remember. ;) Nothing happier than hand knit socks...

Sanny...who sews...

A friend of many years was lamenting that his closet has a horrible malfunction. 20 years ago, I sewed him 2 Hawaiian shirts, size large. Then 4 years ago, I sewed him 2, size XL. He tried them on, but found the closet had shrunk them!! No longer would the XL fit! Horrors! Could I maybe make him some 2XL? Rotten closet...

Can you see the pockets? That's one of his favorite parts. He and his friends get tipsy (these are party shirts, after all), and he makes them try to find the pockets. :)

Pq1dTEbi.jpg

Pq1dTLFJ.jpg

Party shirts?? You mean those types of shirts are for "occasions"? Damn....I wear them daily :shock::wink:

Well, he wears them all occasions that aren't work. Doesn't that constitute "party"? The police department's funny about an officer's uniforms. Otherwise, I'm sure he'd wear them all the time, too. :)

These I made for a special occasion, though. He just had his 50th birthday, and is going on a cruise. He needed something dressy to wear to the dining room. lol.

:occasion1:

No' date=' no. You aren't supposed to wear shorts to dinner in the dining room on a cruise. To do so would be a faux pas, but the appropriate flip-flops with khaki or linen pants would complete a perfect ensemble ;)[/quote']

Wow...very South Beach FM.....coorinates well with the pink kamado! ;):lol:

I think you would be surprised how non-South Beach I really am. I'm sitting here in a swimsuit and t-shirt, with some quality programming like Jerry Springer on the TV. I am not really that refined, unless the specific situation requires it :P

A neighbor commented that i must be conflicted after watching me while cooking, relaxing in my hammock and drinking a glass of wine, but with something like Godsmack rolling from the outdoor speakers. :lol:

Nice job Sanny, and nice pockets!!!

I could see for sure without enlarging the photos, the blue shirt on left was full of pink flamingos!!!

So then I thought the black one with the orange/redish images on the right might have been Firemonkeys!! So I enlarged it!!! Turns out flowers.

Sorry FM, I thought I found a personalized shirt for you. hehe