johnnyboy

Anyone know where TheNakedWhiz is???

We had a perfect day for it. It was less than 90 degrees' date=' and sunny. We also got to go take a look inside of a real M1A1 tank. One of those would make a killer cooker if you can control the airflow, lol![/quote']

Wow whizzy....good work....very gratifying I'm sure.

I think a low and slow burn time for depleted uranium is somewhere around 10' date='000 years. With the proper air flow that is.[/quote']

4.5 billion year half-life...hehe....seriously long term smokin'! It makes for great insulation too (ie...shielding), but a weee bit heavy...hehe.

-=Jasen=-

The Operation BBQ was held Friday at Camp Lejeune, NC for about 800 Marines and their families. This was done for the 2d Tank Bn. Del King, the organizer, is a former Marine who served first in the 2d Tank Bn before moving on to the 1st Tank Bn. We had a lot of different smokers. Pete Benac (Celtic Wolf) brought 5 Eggs, an XL, 3 larges and a small. Del brought a Klose smoker. Tarheel Smokers brought a monumental trailer with generator, sleeping quarters, full air conditioned kitchen an 2 Cookshack Fast Eddy pellet poopers. Dave Crawford, aka Doc, brought a Lang 84, and some folks from Raleigh brought a vertical smoker, but I didn't catch the type. I was the event photographer, tee hee. You'll find the photos at operationbbq.nakedwhiz.com when I get them posted. I hope to be done later tonight. As I recall, there was about 200 pounds of brisket and 250 pounds of pork butts. Also, Del stopped in a place in Texas to buy a few pounds of sausage to prepare for dinner. When the guy found out what was up, he gave Del 75 pounds of really great sausage. As this is pork country, they finished all the pork, but there was some brisket left over. Hopefully Del can make it back next year. Also, the CO was leaving and moving to Paris Island for his next assignment. He expressed interest in having Del come out there, too. It was a lot of fun!

Oh' date=' Sanny stop. You know I go all tingly all over when you call me Whizzy! :D[/quote']

Oh my! Who knew!! lol :happy8:

I liked the pictures. Even one of a very tired photogapher. :)

Did someone give Gunny a taste of the Q? Seems he deserved a little, after all.

Only one sad thing - they all look too young for me! That's when some of the shine rubbed off Army Navy Game, too. Not sayin I don't love watching that game, and the march on and all!! No no!! I do!! But I have to enjoy it for the pageantry and sport, rather than as, well.... you know... :wink: