Burger

Anyone own a KK in the UK?

Hi Everyone - i'm absolutely obsessed with bbq cooking on charcoal & whilst looking for new recipes i just happened on a blog about Komodos - i was instantly taken with the shape & the many ways of cooking on them especially pizza.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the UK local to me (south east coast) who has one i could look at & see working?

:o

I don't know if there are any KK's in your neck of the woods, but welcome aboard this forum! Read everything. Then have Dennis send you a KK. After you read these forums, you'll be compelled to anyway. I imagine most of us bought them sight unseen, well, except for the photos here.

KK ships factory direct to most ports worldwide

KK ships factory direct to most ports worldwide, either completely free or for a surcharge of less than $100. You will then be responsible for the custom's clearance, any applicable taxes and local delivery.

Please contact me via the contact page on the website, I'll reply with an information loaded Email.

I have a couple customers with KKs in the London area..

;);)

Re: Anyone own a KK in the UK?

Gents - I'm in south west london and have a all singing all dancing KK OTB in my garden. I'd be happy to give you a walkthrough if you like... if the weather holds, its nearly october afterall.

delivery wise - duty and delivery from the port was about £600 - but when you try to move it yourself, you'll understand why its an expensive thing to move around.

apologies for not responding sooner, its been cooking up a storm all summer.

JB

yeah - i guess so, but the lions share of the fee was duty. I have to tell you though, it took four of us to move it on a pallet trolley to keep it stable, it weighs an astonishing amount.... you really need a delivery truck with a drop tail or crane to drop it of the truck.... if you pick it up yourself in a hired van and drop it on the kerb trying to get it out of the van with the wrong equipment, you're gonna be upset to say the least!

Re: Anyone own a KK in the UK?

Hi Jack,

it's been a long time since this post. Could you let me know any problems you may have had when importing your KK and how you got it delivered from port to your garden - if you can still remember!

Cheers,

Ian.