txbigguy

Hi to all

Re: Hi to all

I am in Mckinney. I ... got lucky with the win.

Wow! Did you EVER!

And, as good as the KK is, you got lucky getting to have US as your new cooker family! We're like the in laws that won't ever leave you alone! But, we will compliment your cooking, tell you your yard looks great, give you helpful suggestions... and never ever leave the patio as long as the 'Q and beer are in abundance! :happy8:

Welcome!

Wow txbigguy, very lucky you! Congrats! I always wonder if anyone not somehow affiliated / related / customer of a mega-company giving something away wins (I know I know, there are laws about that kind of stuff...but I'm just sayin'), so very cool of you to drop in and let us know who won the Kingsford contest. You now own the mac daddy of BBQs, enjoy!

P.S. I've never won anything "cool," but my wife ain't doin' so bad....long ago, when she was in high school, her Dad bought her a raffle ticket for the annual Church festival grand prize - she won a car that she wasn't old enough to drive yet. I've taken her to several charity events and fund raisers, and she almost always wins something in the raffles, most notably a diamond tennis bracelet. Needless to say, in our house, if we are buying raffle tickets or signing up to win something, HER name goes on the ticket / entry form...lady luck.

Hey welcome aboard txbigguy.. The best thing i ever won was a sewing machine at a raffle when I was nine... It was a sewing machine or a floor scrubber just the thing every nine year old boy wants to win....

You on the other hand won big time my friend. You are so going to love this grill...

Tony

Hey txbigguy!! Congrats on your incredible win!! So tell us, how did you do it? Did you have more than one entry? Did you have any idea initially about exactly what you might win? Did someone just call you up out of the clear blue and tell you that you were the winner? Its sooo exciting that you are a member of our group. You will undoubtedly love the KK as well as its online family here.

Many, many moons ago when I was a student, my friend and I won $2,000 and a trip to Jamaica . It was a radio station contest where the announcer would call out two digits and if your telephone number ended in those two digits, and you were the first caller, you could hazard a guess as to somewhere in the world that the $2,000 was hidden. The prize was a one week vacation for two to the location to pick up the cash. We lived in a dorm where the telephone numbers were sequential so we had every combination along with the name of the residents of each room. These were the days before cell phones so even if we were listening to the radio at the time, we weren't able to call in with a guess every time the numbers were announced. But we figured if we could win it, we could make some kind of deal with the dorm resident who "owned" the proper telephone number. So we were in the car when someone called in with a guess of Kingstown, Jamaica. We could tell by the announcer's voice inflection that somethng important was going on with this guess though it was not correct. We rushed back to the dorm and a little bit of research revealed it had to be Kingston, Jamaica. Our real luck was that the next two digits that were announced were the last two digits of my dorm number. And, indeed, the cash was there. Fun times!!!

Susan

I actually only entered once. I figured what the heck. It took me like 2 minutes to fill out the form. I got an email when the contested ended saying that I won. Then this week I got a call from Dennis to talk about getting it to me. Now today I got an email from Dennis letting me know its on the way to my house. I talked to the shipper and it should be here in Texas this weekend. I cannot wait to get this fantastic grill home.

Ok I got my KK delivered on Wednesday last week. Due to the holiday and having family in town I havent gotten to cook on it yet. However I cant seem to find any lump charcoal around. I have checked Home Depot, Lowes, walmart. I cant seem to find any lump. I am going to check out Costco or Sams today and see if they have any. As soon as I find some I have some baby backs that I am going to do as my first cook.

I have never walked in to a Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Home Depot that did not have lump. Every grocery store in town here in Kerrville has it, too. Run in to an HEB and look for a small bag with the Dallas Cowboys logo on it, they have 8 lb bags of lump. Not the size bag you would normally buy, but it will get you going. I think they have similar bags with briquettes, so check the label carefully. Ask at Wal-Mart, they routinely have Royal Oak lump. Super S, if you have those in McKinney, carry B and B brand.

(These are Texas grocery stores, ya'll. )

I haven't lived in the US for four years, but I agree with the Doc...our Walmarts in Northern Kentucky always had Royal Oak, and Home Depot always had Cowboy.

tx - please don't take take this the wrong way, but are you sure you are not looking for something like the KK Extruded Charcoal by mistake? You won't find that in any of the places you've been looking.

Maybe there was a run on lump for the Thanksgiving holiday in TX?

Ok I got my KK delivered on Wednesday last week. Due to the holiday and having family in town I havent gotten to cook on it yet. However I cant seem to find any lump charcoal around. I have checked Home Depot' date=' Lowes, walmart. I cant seem to find any lump. I am going to check out Costco or Sams today and see if they have any. As soon as I find some I have some baby backs that I am going to do as my first cook.[/quote']

Do you have one of these in the area? http://www.doitbest.com/main.aspx?membe ... ciate=true