MadMedik

Today's Brisket Cook

I decided to try to recreate my Brisket cook from several weeks ago. Reviewing LarryR's Brisket cook video and some notes from Doc Mguerra, I was successful Here it is in prep....about 12 pounds

n74827

Here we are cooking on KK. I cooked it 2 1/2 hours at about 340 degrees....to an internal temp of 170. Then in to the foil pan, for another 2 hours...until "probe tender"

n74829

Here is PROOF , that we actually were able to eat it.... mmm...delicious....

n74830

Lastly, I cooked the Point for an additional hour as we ate the flat. Once it cooled a bit, I chopped it up as you see here....too bad I was already full on Brisket and Pie....this looooookkked soooo tasty , tender, and moist.....Cant' wait until tomorrows lunch....and dinner . :Dn74831

Re: Today's Brisket Cook

Well, I may not have been clear, and perhaps i am wrong...?... but the last photo is the Point...which I cooked a bit longer...as LarryR suggested...and then I chopped the heck out of it....which I assumed is the Burnt Ends....? It is very very tender, moist, and savory. I had it for dinner tonight. I did not call it Burnt Ends in post, but that is what I thought it was? Is 'burnt ends' something different? this is only my 2nd Brisket so I am sort of figuring this out as I go, of course with help here on the forum.

MadMedik

Yes, you make burnt ends from the point, but don't chop it up like that. You cut it into cubes (1 inch), put on some nice rub on all the newly exposed surfaces and throw back on the grill for an hour or so. Then, toss in your favorite sauce, back onto the smoker for 30 minutes. So each little nugget has 6 sides of yummy bark and nice juicy meaty interior. Like I said Meat Candy!!

Made famous at Arthur Bryant's in Kansas City. Google it and you'll find lots of info/recipes, etc.

The Salt Lick. Back in the 70's I went to college in Austin. Every so often we would make a pilgrimage out to The Salt Lick. We thought we died and went to heaven every time. Funny corollary: In those days Coors beer was restricted in distribution. It only came as far east as Marble Falls, Texas. We could not get it in Austin. So we would load up and make the drive to Marble Falls once in a while to stock up on Coors. At that time the drinking age was 18. It was really only because we couldn't get it. I don't really like it, my preference is for Guinness or double bocks. But it was a fun road trip at the time!

If it is still there, another good Q trip from Austin is to go out to The Old Coupland Inn. Great food out in the country. You didn't order. They just brought out huge plates of brisket, sausage, side dishes, chicken and put it on the table. I think the waitress just counted the number in your party and brought out a pre-determined amount. It was a serious pig out.