Hector

O'Connor Beef Short Ribs

So I had some of the O'Connor Ribs frozen, so smoked them today on the Komodo.

aqu7eze7.jpg

ju9a7eje.jpg

The ribs were rubbed with Mad Hunky GP Rub, cling filmed and left in the fridge over night.

They went on a 7.30am

zybe3eza.jpg

Ribs before the foiling

9y9agu2a.jpg

Ribs with BBQ sauce on, after being foiled

ry3e3edy.jpg

yzy6y2uj.jpg

The ribs were smoked around 230f and took over 10 hours to ready 195f internal but more importantly the Thermapen slid in like butter

anevu9ud.jpg

ude4azyq.jpg

vunadena.jpg

haqase5u.jpg

They came out fantastic. Really tender, melt in the mouth and they had a great flavor. Even managed to save one for work tomorrow :-)

From time to time there are some awesome AU Wagyu wanna be ribs sold here in Bali that are incredible.

That being said it's still eating a lot of tasty fat.. Don't get me wrong.. I'm a fat eater but often makes me feel "less than ideal" afterwards because I eat too much.. (how did you save one;-)

So what we have been doing is getting fresh rolls or croissants from a lil' french bakery down the road and make up little sandwiches  with wasabi mayo.. Great way to enjoy the flavor and fattiness..
Great post Dave thank you!

Some of the ones I have tried have been very fatty but these are amazing. There is a small part near the bone that is fatty but the meat on top of this incredible. It is well marbled, so is the same as the nice fat in Wagyu. I too cannot eat fatty ribs but these ones are very different.