tony b

Good Bargain Knife

Saw this knife on Amazon and thought "What the Hell, Go For It". It arrived today and I was blown away by how nice this knife is - hefty, beautiful wood handle, and fairly sharp right out of the box. Will be using it to prep dinner tonight, so I'll let you know how it does in action. But still, for the price, one of the nicest knives I've run across.

I bought this one at the same time, based upon the killer review it got at Cook's Illustrated.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008M5U1C2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Initially, I wasn't impressed, as it was very light weight (plastic handle). But, now that I've owned it for a month, I have to say that I "get it" from the Cook's review. Crazy sharp and easy to keep sharp with a steel. Just not a "work horse" knife if you have a lot of cutting/chopping to do (the light weight causes hand fatigue, since you're supplying alot of the force). But, for the price, it's a damned good knife, too (still love the one above more).

I just keep cooking the same old things and don't come up with any new good ideas. Well, except that pressure cooker stuff. I figure everyone has heard enough about "hot fast brisket" and " pork butts are the best thing on a KK". I have to come up with some new ideas to talk about. Plus, I'm totally obsessed with my new pyro technician hobby... But when I saw the knife for 15 bucks I had to jump in.

Doc - heck, cooking the classics is never a bad idea around ChezChef. Hot fast brisket and pulled pork are staples around here. So are NY Strips and pork loin and hot dogs for that matter! I'm getting ready to start some cooks that are classics in the kitchen but I'm going to adapt them to the KK. I've also got a 19" High Cap coming that should be here by the end of this week or the first of next. She's been dubbed Beauty! And should make a nice counterpoint to TheBeast, a KK BB 32".

Again, thanks for the pointer to the knife and enjoy blowing things up! Don't be a stranger.

Hey, the cheap-ass chef knife just dropped to $8.95 (w/free shipping on PRIME)!!!! I just ordered 4 more to give as gifts. If the price goes any lower, I'll be handing them out at Halloween to the Trick-or-Treaters' Dads!! LOL!!

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-13-2-4MM-13-Inch-Japanese-Stainless/dp/B00MOOUHDU/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1435613116&sr=1-1&keywords=Royal+13-2-4MM+13-Inch+Full+Tang+Blade+Kitchen+Knife%2C+420+Japanese+Stainless+Steel&pebp=1435613120805&perid=1QYBBTDDZ2T208HAP9K4

Hey, the cheap-ass chef knife just dropped to $8.95 (w/free shipping on PRIME)!!!! I just ordered 4 more to give as gifts. If the price goes any lower, I'll be handing them out at Halloween to the Trick-or-Treaters' Dads!! LOL!!

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-13-2-4MM-13-Inch-Japanese-Stainless/dp/B00MOOUHDU/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1435613116&sr=1-1&keywords=Royal+13-2-4MM+13-Inch+Full+Tang+Blade+Kitchen+Knife%2C+420+Japanese+Stainless+Steel&pebp=1435613120805&perid=1QYBBTDDZ2T208HAP9K4

Trick or treat....

Lol so i ordered one of the knifes and i got a welcome your knife is coming email from amazon.  For some strange reason i bothered to read it and this is what is in there :) Can anyone else see the slight copy and paste error when they were creating the email :)

? Once,you have unpacked it safely and cleaned the oil residue, your new Royal Chef Knife will be ready to chop just about anything you desire. 

That’s it for now. I will check back with you in a few days to make sure everything is working for you and share some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) about your Baby Mirror.